Hi everyone, here’s a thread for updates about the non-library, prerelease package of hardware recreations of the monome eurorack modules, including the discontinued original trilogy of white whale, meadowphysics, and earthsea, plus the still in production, open-source and open-hardware teletype.
Rack SDK v1.1.6
white whale v1.5
Highlights include teletype scene import/export, improved grid communication, 256 support including a virtual 256, and lots of bug fixes.
- Import and export scenes from the right-click menu. Individual scenes can be read from/written to text files, or the entire set of scenes can be synchronized to a USB stick for exchange with hardware.
- Copy active scene to the clipboard / paste active scene from the clipboard (a @scanner-darkly suggestion)
- Re-focus the screen after using a right-click keyboard shortcut
- Fix: restore
Mtiming immediately when loading a patch
- Rewritten grid-module serial communication layer
- Adds support for 256 hardware (#28)
- Restores support for Series and 40h grid hardware (#44)
- note: not all module firmwares support 64/256, see #61
- Fixes stuck notes in earthsea (#59)
- Fixes flickering on 40h grids (#36)
- Provides additional thread safety (#42)
- Fix: eliminate a potential crash when unplugging a hardware grid from USB
- Fix: update the VCV Rack patch correctly when manually reassigning a grid to a new module
- Fix: always clear grid when disconnecting, regardless of method
- Virtual grid improvements
- Virtual 256 added (#28)
- Selectable LED color and protocol in right-click menu, for older device emulation (#44)
- Revamped aesthetics
- Deadzones between keys removed, entire surface is clickable
- Improved dragging behavior
- Use double-precision floats for internal clock phase in all modules
- Display module firmware version & git commit hash in right-click menu
- Fix: preset glyphs are saved correctly in trilogy modules (#6)
1.0.0-alpha1 release notes, 2021-09-19
- Rack version: 1.1.6
- Teletype 4.0.0 (plus upstream post 4.0.0 fixes up to b93538)
- Latest trilogy modules (July 2021)
INranges were off by 4 (#53)
- Keyboard shortcuts on Teletype right-click menu
- Minor updates to Teletype graphics
- The Initialize command now resets the firmware state
- Other firmware loading infrastructure changes & prep for future features
- New CI configuration for versioned releases
- Windows and macOS are built native rather than cross-compiled
- Using newer compilers on all three platforms (see GitHub docs for versions)
- Linux builds have moved from Ubuntu 16.04 to 20.04; may drop support for older distros
1.0.0-prealpha release notes, 2021-09-05
Updated 9/5/2021. The Teletype module is now in the main branch.
Rack version: 1.1.6 Teletype 4.0.0 (plus upstream post 4.0.0 fixes up to b93538) Latest trilogy modules (July 2021)
1.0.0-pre-pre release notes
- Most known, reproducible issues with 0.6 have been fixed (crashes on grid disconnect, etc.)
- Support for older grid hardware (40h/series protocols) has been temporarily removed.
- The virtual grid modules can only be used if your thread count is set to 1. Communication between modules and virtual grids is not yet thread-safe.
- All of the modules are currently monophonic. Future modules might have polyphonic outputs.
- Future feature roadmap is online here. (No promises, just documentation of the current thinking.)