Modular Fungi in V2

So we decided, for now, not to update the Modular Fungi collection to V2. I’m not 100% happy with the blanks, and there’s no need anymore for the Light Off module so all there’s left is the Opsylloscope. It’s quite a cool scope but we would like to improve it sometime in the future, maybe even add other modules and change the blanks designs so, for now, there’s no need to port the collection. I know that it’s not a big collection, and probably will not cause any issues if not ported, but it’s important for me that it will not be ported for now. Thanks!

7 Likes

Aw, shucks. The Opsylloscope is my favorite VCV visualization module so far. But certainly not essential. Thanks for the notice.

2 Likes

I understand this, but I must say I used the Opscylloscope in every patch I made, so I will be missing this module really. I hope there will be an update for it soon.

2 Likes

I agree - Opsylloscope is in my default patch so it is in every patch I make - please port it!

2 Likes

One more vote here for the porting of Opsylloscope - as far as I’m aware it is the ONLY scope in VCV with the performance setting in the menu. I presume this controls the ‘sampling’ rate of the scope and in ultra mode it shows things more accurately than any other scope - it shows short triggers for example when other scopes skip them. It was a pretty essential tool when we were testing the behavior of ShapeMaster.

Please port this scope to v2 if nothing else :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mod fungi are the only blank I use! and Best scope ever! we need them! I’m sure it’s a lot of work so it’s understandable, but still so sad to count them out of V2

2 Likes

:mushroom: v2

3 Likes

I also like the blanks and the ospcylloscope. If Omri is not explicitly asking to NOT port the modules, I hope that we can find some people (count me in) to help with porting to v2. It only took me very little effort to compile mine on v2, and I am now working on some GUI improvements, but (apart from possible lights-out) I guess that Modular Funghi should not be too hard to port.

2 Likes

I think he IS explicitly asking for them not to be ported…

1 Like

Yes. I believe Omri does not want this plugin porting to v2 at this time.

Sorry, I missed that sentence. It’s a shame, but let’s hope that they will come up with the improved version at some time, as many of us really liked the plugin.

A better fix might be for someone to re use the source code, but make their own module that has all the desired features, but “different enough”?

I will miss them until the new designs come.

1 Like

Oh man, Opsyloscope, it literally became my job.