Audible Instruments Modal Synthesizer: STRENGTH input does the opposite of what it should do

So, it seems like when I use the “strength” input on the Modal Synthesizer module, it generates the opposite of the desired effect: if I plug in any positive voltage source (such as the velocity out on MIDI-1, or CV from a sequencer) the volume drops significantly as the voltage increases, meanwhile I get a slight amplification with a negative voltage source.
Has anyone experienced the same thing? Am I missing something obvious?
If so, feel free to let me know.

Saw the same here and if the space knob is in the lowest position only the first channel is working, while the second only makes percussive noise! Little up with the space knob the problem fades away

Unfortunately that’s not the case for me: the result is the same with the space knob in any position.
Overall, the problem does not seem to be parameter-dependent.

Actually, noticed the same thing few days ago. Thought I didn’t understand something. Can anyone explain what’s going on?

@jue I think that is the intended effect.

From the manual:
SPACE controls the stereo width and amount of algorithmic reverberation applied to the sound. When this knob is set to its minimum position, one output channel contains the exciter output, and the other channel the resonator output, and it is up to you to mix and spatialize them. As SPACE increases, a stereo effect is created by picking up the vibrating surface’s sound at two different positions. Increasing SPACE increases the angle between the two microphones. Past 12 o’clock, SPACE controls the amount and decay time of an algorithmic reverberator applied to the resonator signal. Note that applying a very high CV to the SPACE parameter while it is in maximum position will trigger a “freeze” effect - preventing the reverb tail from decaying. This can be creatively used for overdubbing layers of notes to create chords.