Mixmaster - Using Direct Outs turns off channel meters?

@marc_boule so long as I’m being a pest: If I use the direct outs (to do the aforementioned thing with RackWindows Console) the channel meters are bypassed. Is that intentional? Can I get them back without you having to do any more coding? :wink:

Hmm, you mean the insterts? If you are refering to those, unless you’re feeding the signal back into the inserts after processing, the track VUs will unfortunately be off since you’re interrputing the signal flow in the track sections. If you really mean direct outs, then it would indicate a bug, since the VU meters should not be affected by the direct outs.

I think what you are trying to do is quite difficult, since the effect you want needs to have all the channels separately, but then you still want to be able to see and control individual tracks in MixMaster. Not at all obvious as to how that can be setup in the current state of things, unfortunatelty, as I understand it at least.

In other words, it’s hard to reconcile Airwindows Console with MixMaster since Airwindows is not a track-specific effect, it needs to have all tracks and it mixes them together and adds an effect (from what I understood). I don’ think we can then separate those tracks again to be able to process them individually (faders, VUs, etc) in MixMaster, before then being mixed again in MixMaster.

Never mind, I’d turned on “Cloaked Mode” without looking up what it meant :wink:

1 Like

RackWindows Console does work on individual tracks. And the Mixmaster Poly Direct Outs are PERFECT, because they default to ‘After Mute/Solo’ which I take to mean “After all the channel strip processing.” The master fader on MixMaster is taken out of the signal path entirely, which is too bad, but if you’re barmy enough to try and use RackWindows Console for summing, it’s a small price to pay.

The direct outs are pre master fader (and have to be) because the master track is where all the other tracks are summed to stereo in MixMaster. The master fader controls the level for that summed stereo signal. (You probably know this but just clarifying)

1 Like