Metronome

A virtual rebuild of a vintage electronic metronome:

11 Likes

Just loved this at first sight! I’m immediately going to load this in Rack and gently pose my laptop on my piano. Thank you!

2 Likes

Added this to my library, let it update + relaunch VCV and… immediate crash to desktop on patch open.

No sweat, remove it from my library, open the project again and… immediate crash to desktop.

Any idea why merely adding + updating this plugin, then removing it, could be enough to apparently corrupt an entire vcv? :grimacing: Does that sound more like a question for Rack itself?

How did you remove the module ? Did you remove the Ahornberg folder from the Rack 2 folder in your documents ? or did you just remove it on the website ?

see other threads. Once a plugin corrupts memory that doesn’t belong to it, it can take down the entire VCV process somewhere down the road. It’s almost impossible to know which module is the real culprit.

I would like to see your log.txt to analyze the crash.

Probably good to see the patch.json to see exactly what modules are there, and how they’re configured.

Sometimes there can be stray modules off in the weeds that go unnoticed, just looking at a view or screen snip.

There are some known potential issues with multiple Audio modules, and Audio is so common that it’s a likely candidate for having unintentional duplicates, that it’s worth checking and excluding as a possible cause for crashes.

shoot, I missed your reply here - I tried to recreate the problem, opened the patch that kept crashing vcv with no problem, re-added metronome with no problem - idk what was going on, but it doesn’t seem to be happening any longer. :man_shrugging:

1 Like