Loops :: sketches

I’ll make this little corner a place to share some of my creations. All comments are welcome :slight_smile:

Considering I can only put so much time into this great hobby, most of my patches remain in their embryonic stage and rarely flourish into fully realized tracks.

Still, I feel some of these have something good to offer (whether it’s a captivating loop, a catchy melody or a tasty drone) so I’ll be putting them out here for you all. I know I sure appreciate the patches and the clips you’re posting on this forum, so here’s my little contribution to this community!

1 Like

Oddly enough, this one started out by picking the oldest module in my collection under the “Oscillator” tag, which turned out to be “KarplusStrongPoly”. So I build everything around it (it’s the sound source for everything except for VCV Noise being used for some of the percussions).

Patch :

Main module :

6 Likes

Brilliant! I loved it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Petite promenade rafraîchissante (A refreshing walk!) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In this one, I was quite inspired by one of @jeremysmuller’s modules, Cosmosis. It’s the driving force for this particular patch, sending triggers, chords and various voltages in all directions and resulting in a soundtrack which I think lives up to the main module’s name :star2:

Patch :

Main module :

5 Likes

Very cool, glad you like it! Thanks for posting this

Yeah, lovin’ it really. I know it’s being used in a rudimentary way in that piece above, but I do have other patches where I take full advantage of all the other features. Tks!

Took a fancy to the hypnotic, meditative character of this one, so I tweaked it a bit and published away. Certain passages reminded me of some of Phil Knight’s solo material.

Patch :

Main module :

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Très bien! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Mostly an exercise in structure and more rhythmic than what I’ve shared so far, this patch ended up being a sandbox more than anything else. Learned a great deal about older modules I had missed out on, even if the majority of them didn’t make the final cut. Also, i know it’s a messy patch, could’ve used polyphony throughout to make everything tidier, but I just wanted to seal this one before catching some zzz’s :tired_face:

Patch :

Main module :

3 Likes

Quirky little soundtrack. Love the possibilities out of the Neutrinode module! :smiley:

Patch :

Main module :

6 Likes

I wanted to do something sample-based this time around, so naturally I went to a fav of mine, @mgunyho’s PdArray plugin. Using the recording CV inputs in the bottom row, I would randomly erase samples over time to give a deteriorating effect (and to showcase my utter lack of imagination, the sample says “deterioration”… but eh, I needed a word).

To support this bare-bones idea, I added the usual suspects : a looping melodic sequence, rapid & quiet percussions, noisy nonsense riding the stereo spectrum and modulation galore. :wavy_dash:

Hope you’ll enjoy, i kinda like it :slight_smile:

Patch :

Main module :

4 Likes

@beat_s Tks for all the love! :blush:

Just pure, unadulterated fun with arpeggios! :smile:

Patch :

Main module :

2 Likes