Looking for grid based sequencer

Here ya go

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 10.02.33 PM

23 Likes

oh, thats cool! and clean

:astonished: Thaaat is insane! I can’t stop smiling.

• Is that a V/OCT knob in the middle of the squares?
  • Are those probability knobs in the top left corner of each square?
  • Is the gate length fix?

You’re right @jeremysmuller. It’s one of those machines that excites me a lot.

Whoa, this looks interesting…

@jeremysmuller this looks really great, so when will it be ready?

That looks like fun!

It has the option of gates of triggers and gate lengths are 50% of the rhythm duration. I don’t wanna give away too much because that might ruin some surprises but there’s lots of stochastic opportunities here :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

probably in a few weeks

3 Likes

Any preference to these visual aspects? The difference has no effect on how the module works but I’m somewhat torn between the two and was curious what people thought.

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 10.02.33 PM Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 4.17.34 PM

1 Like

Number #2 for me.

You are asking about the ‘circle’ or ‘flower’ presentation, aren’t you?

I like the top ones, they are “bordered” the bottom ones are “flowery”.

1 Like

I’d like to have a CV input to morph between 'em

I like the #2 better

I like the second.

Ok seems like the #2 the flowery ones are the preference, but I think you’re onto something here. I’ll probably make them both available as a menu option at the very least.

5 Likes

correct

2 might look a bit nicer, but 1 might visually clue newer users in to function faster. Both would make it the most clear. Not sure how many people that would be confused either way, would even be using rack to make music though.

1 Like

My StochSeqGrid is available now. You may be interested:

5 Likes

Definitely I am. Trying to figure out how to best fit it into my workflow and to sync it to other sequencers. It’s not as easy as with my favorite StochSeq4.

Woweee, another Shabang module that looks unique and wonderful-sequencer that cycles in different ways?