Liquidmind's Recordings

I will probably keep all my personal music to a single post and update as I create new tracks to share.

Today, I will start with my recent experimentation with Animated Circuits plugins. Had such fun with these. The oscillators especially have some incredibly interesting sound abilities. Please enjoy. <3

Liquidmind - Cosmic Raisins [Soundcloud]

Just a short snippet here from some tuning experiment. Hoping to capture this vibe and patch something bigger with it down the line.

Liquidmind - Gbambiya [Soundcloud]

Didn’t even take long. I expanded upon the idea, and wrote my own .scl tuning files [very easy]. This time came around with something quite ominous. I like these two tunings, and hope to use them more often.

Liquidmind - Ayimba [Soundcloud]

Today I’ve been fiddling about, trying to figure out some sensical way to use the gamepad feature in the MIDI modules. In this, I have the sticks controlling overall volume [with Rampage doing some enveloping], panning and vibrato. I have LT on filter cutoff and RT on resonance [and drive to offset the volume drop].

The Bogaudio noisegate was really helpful in giving me a bit of a soft cutoff near the bottom of the sticks’ range. They were far too sensitive, otherwise. You can’t really notice they are there. But you would absolutely know if they weren’t.

The quad panner from Nysthi was helpful in visualising where my sticks were. Not needed, but especially helpful to make sure the noisegates had them locked back in.

Attenuverters were helpful for inverting the Y-vector of the sticks. They default to Negative-Y being Positive-CV, which I found odd, but easy workaround.

I hope to give this a more in depth go on a grander track at some point.

Liquidmind - Rack Controller Test [Soundcloud]

After a big bit of inspiration from Omri [as seems to be common], I spent a few hours getting this patch together. It’s unfortunately just over the limit of what my machine can handle to play, and recording it gave me so much hassle. This is one decent performance I managed to squeeze out of it. The SoftSN is doing a lot of glitchy background stuff, and splashes of off key notes.

Liquidmind - Happysad [Soundcloud]

Another long awaited track from your favourite Liquidmind. :grin:

This was heavy on the CPU just as the last one. XFX Wave the primary culprit. But the sounds you can get out of it can be so worth it. Managed to record through the stuttering and nonsense, and got something out that I’m pretty pleased with. Something laid back and chill.

Liquidmind - Charming Observation [Soundcloud]

2 Likes

Here I went for a very strange, even to me, 7:9 polyrhythmic idea. It’s a little bit chill, but somehow doesn’t quite sit right for most of it. I dig it and I don’t, but had fun putting it together.

Liquidmind - The Grey Man [Soundcloud]

1 Like

My past few weeks with Rack have been particularly full of inspiration and energy. Making a lot more than usual, similar to when I first picked it up all the way back near the beginning.
Today I came out with this:

Liquidmind - Progress At Last [Soundcloud]

1 Like

Finally got round to using the new ZZC stuff for a short piece, and I still have no idea what most of it is truly capable of. This came about just by plugging things into stuff and hoping something worked, and it turned out it makes some interesting sounds indeed! A lot of modulations, and the VCAs are to die for. They actually shape the sound in an interesting way.

Liquidmind - Hirajoshi Techno [Soundcloud]

1 Like

It has been a while since I have been able to make any music. My computer has been down for nearing a year now. I think I am back up and running well enough to dive on in once more. and as first goal, it is to get the hang of things once again. Surprising how much I remember, but still lose a lot of the finesse that was built up.

Liquidmind - First Time Back [Soundcloud]

Was watching Colin Benders stream earlier today, and he put the idea in my head to put an oscillators into a few bandpass filters, with resonance up full, put into the oscillator’s own inputs. Massive possibilities of sound shaping. used a couple of new modules [to me], too. The Hora Vacuumba and Flux are interesting. Hope to make use of them again.

Liquidmind - Bend It Like Benders [Soundcloud]

Snares are difficult.

Liquidmind - The Sun Is A Lying Bastard [Soundcloud]

1 Like

Been working on this one for a few weeks on and off. With a new toy to play with recently added to the library, it gave me an opportunity to complete it whilst I was in a moment of inspiration. Some chill microtonal stuff for you.

Liquidmind - Last Oasis [Soundcloud]

1 Like

Tried my first hand at livestreaming to a handful of friends on Discord. Built the patch that became this track.

Liquidmind - Mesonyction [Soundcloud]

This patch has been a slow one to build. Between motivation, finding that some of the old 0.6 Animated Circuits stuff is slowly being ported to v1 and just finding the last bits needed to really round off the track. I’m not a particular talent with vocals, but I love to dabble in throat singing. Added some on a whim and it seemed to just fit so snug and transform the track into something I felt happy at calling complete.

Next, to really get back in on that Animated Circuits stuff and really pull out some of my old favourites.

Liquidmind - Memories Of An Era Lost [Soundcloud]

Accidentally made something vaguely Trip Hop ish. Been working on a few patches over the weeks, but managed to put this one together in just a few hours and grab a take in just a few days. Happier with it than the other ones I already had and still have in the works. Always a wonder how that happens.

Liquidmind - Deep Seated Fear [Soundcloud]

1 Like

Bit title for some thick atmosphere.

Liquidmind - The Ominous Feeling Of There Being One Too Many Atoms In The Universe

1 Like

Did a second Discrod livestream to some friends a few weeks back. Made this patch over about an hour and half. Finally got around to recording a piece from it.

Liquidmind - Northern Crown [Soundcloud]

Been working on this, slowly, since the new Instruo modules came out. Love them. They take so little CPU and give so much complexity. I managed to get 4 rows, compared to my pretty consistent average of 3 rows. and 7 voices, where I’m often lucky to manage 5. These will definitely see a lot more use.

Liquidmind - Instructive [Soundcloud]

If you even happen to be working on something where they are appropriate, my modules are usually much, much, much more efficient than comparables. Sometimes as much as 10X.

1 Like