I have downloaded VCV Rack 2 but when I go to Library none of my modules are available, how do I get my collection of modules into VCV 2 as whn I click on Library from VCV 2 they are all there and listed as downloaded, the free ones and the ones I have purchased
Do you get a red dot next to the “Library” menu in the VCV Rack app?
Is there a list of plugins and version numbers under the Library/Updates menu item?
Waiddaminnit, here’s a thought: I don’t recall exactly what all I had to do when I upgraded to v2, but did you do all of step 2 in these instructions after you updated to Rack 2?
VCV Library Instructions
- Download and install VCV Rack.
- Register for a VCV account and log in using Rack’s “Library” menu.
- Add or purchase a module on the VCV Library.
- Open the “Library” menu in Rack, click “Update all” (if updates are needed), and restart Rack once downloaded.
- Right-click an empty rack space to launch Rack’s module browser to add a module to your patch.
You will not necessarily get all of the plugins you had before, only the ones that have been officially updated to version 2 and are listed in https://library.vcvrack.com.
For some unofficial/beta/whatever updates, like Stoermelder’s, there are manual methods to install them.