Kocmoc modules version 1.3.3 released

@janne808 I was playing around with the OP module and may have found a bug. Here are three OP modules: Two used extensively in a patch that had been unwired, and one that was just loaded fresh from the library:

As you can see, only the one freshly loaded will make noise again!

1 Like

Thanks for testing! I couldn’t replicate the error but this commit will probably fix the issue (it most likely won’t survive Infs or NaNs as phase modulation even with this though):

Version 1.2.5 is now released on Library. The most dramatic change is the renaming of “SVF-1” filter module to “SVF” which will break patches so take notice.

If you absolutely need to salvage a patch you can for example install the modules manually from an older version prerelease zipball posted on this thread.

Version 1.2.6 will be released later in the library to fix the issue above.

Stay tuned space cadets.

1 Like

Version 1.2.8 is now released in the library with improved nonlinear integrators and input stage saturation for SVF.

3 Likes

Hi there :smiley:

I absolutely love your OP and PHASR modules! :star_struck: I have been waiting for PM oscillators in such a tiny format :grin: good job mate!

Would it be possible to add a hard sync input to enable consistency in phase shift between operators in an easier way?

As it is now, the phase can be adjusted via a constant CV value into the PM input, which requires fine-tuning to get the right results.

cheers

Glad to hear!

Hard sync sounds like a great idea, it will take some panel redesign but it’s certainly doable. I’ll look into it when I have some time in the near future.

1 Like

Made some research and development on digital Sallen-Key filters lately, out soon on the library.

5 Likes

Proper

Sallen-Key filter module is available on the library now.

3 Likes

I finally got around implementing sync for OP. Care to test it?

Prerelease binaries are at https://github.com/janne808/kocmoc-rack-modules/releases/tag/v1.3.0

1 Like

Version 1.3.0 is available now from the Library.

1 Like

great modules !

2 Likes

Sorry for the late notice, it seems I haven’t dropped by the forums lately. Thanks :star_struck: will try :+1:

Edit: Oh man!! The first impression is very good :heart_eyes:, I really like the phase-adjustment relative to the sync input!

Edit2: Hats off to you sir! AMAZING :star_struck: :star_struck: your modules are a lot of fun! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ll try to record a small demo patch of how I used the new feature once I’ve added some sequencencing for various CVs.

By the way: I’ve tried your SKF module for the first time as well. I like how you included an oversampling option. Once again, fantastic job mate :+1: you can be proud of yourself :wink:

Thanks a lot.

The phase-adjustment is not really relative to the sync or phase resetting but is applied as an overall phase offset, which does have quite an impact on the phase modulated waveshape even without hard sync.

1 Like

I see, thanks for the clarification :grin:

So… I was playing around with your modules as mentioned above :crazy_face::

Yeah I’m gonna try making some acid techno based off of this :crazy_face:.

Edit: I’m uploading something for the first time, it seems the audio got compressed a lot; the .mpg file presumably got converted to .mp4 online by sendvid, such a shame :expressionless: … maybe I’ll try uploading to a new youtube account tomorrow or something.

Anyway, some comments:

0:35 & 0:42 Notice how the module “Exponent” by Hetrick CV can be used for tweaking audio rate or envelope CV for fine variations in timbre or envelope stretching, respectively. This was a gamechanger for me, so I wanted to show its usefulness to you :wink:.

0:54 Here I removed the modulating “OP” module’s output from the carrier “OP” module’s hard sync input to show how useful the new feature is :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Also, modulating the phase offset with a “µMap” by Stoermelder with an LFO provides some nice movement.

general The one thing VCV Rack is missing at the moment is a precise envelope/LFO generator. I’m using “Gatekeeper” by Polyverse within a “Host” module by VCV. Here I simply used the preset “Spike dance 2” in the “Rhythmic” section because I was lazy and wanted to play around without spending too much time with envelope design. I HIGHLY recommend using an external plugin for precise CV.

some feedback:

SKF Again, I really like the oversampling functionality, as I can run VCV’s engine at a lower sampling rate without compromising the high-end fine structure of SKF’s wonderful squelching :crazy_face:. I noticed that the output gain reduces when switching to a higher oversampling. I would prefer if the output gain did not change, though this is only a minor issue.

TRG I like the simplistic nature of this module; having the option of up to 32 steps is very useful. One question: Is there a way to edit steps 17-32 when the current step position is within 1-16? If yes, how? If no, I’d like to suggest the following:

You could add an option in the right click menu like “disable current step following”, where the displayed 16 positions do not switch when the current step moves to the next section. Then you could turn the yellow “position” markers into buttons as well (with a darker yellow boarder like for the trigger enable buttons to give the intuition of there being a button to press), which changes the displayed positions only if following is disabled.

Should this be too confusing for other users, you could enable a temporary display switch when the “current step following” is enabled, where it remains freezed for 3-5s or so before resuming the default behavior. Let me know what you think ^^

TRG

general conclusion

The sounds coming out of your modules are very crispy and clean, I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for the input. I added the menu option for active step following and page flipping for TRG. You can test it with these pre-release binaries https://github.com/janne808/kocmoc-rack-modules/releases/tag/v1.3.1

I just tested it under Windows; this way is fine :+1: now the steps can be adjusted more easily.

1 Like

Proper!

1 Like

The new TRG version is now on the library. I also made the page flip selector chunkier so it’s more easy to land on.

1 Like

Version 1.3.3 is now available on the VCV Library which implements full polyphony for all the filter modules (SVF, SKF and LADR). Enjoy.

4 Likes