JW-Modules Dev Blog

Wanted to show what I am working on without annoying people with multiple posts in various places.

README: GitHub - jeremywen/JW-Modules: VCV Rack Modules

CHANGELOG: JW-Modules/CHANGELOG.md at master · jeremywen/JW-Modules · GitHub

NoteSeqFu Start points:

GridSeq Probability per step:

18 Likes

Love the GridSeq patch. Would make a lovely ringtone.

1 Like

cool thanks, ya I can see that

Probability per step is awesome. Can I suggest as an additional visual cue that the tint/alpha of the blue gate buttons changes to reflect the probability value? Such that 100% probability is as they are now but they get lighter as probability reduces.

2 Likes

maybe, i will see

1 Like

another demo

1 Like

the demos are superb, but shouldn’t you better use your time to finish the modules? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

the probability feature is very welcome, as all the additional features :+1:

wanted to share what I am working on, test that things don’t just technically work but actually sound like I was hoping, and maybe get a little feedback on the changes :smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have no idea how easy this would be to do, but I would love it if on the NoteSeq family of sequencers an octave line was highlighted somehow. E.g., if in a chromatic scale every 12th line was highlighted, and if in a pentatonic scale every 5th. I realize that they are largely set up for random and algorithmic evolution, where this would be mostly irrelevant, but I usually want to choose the notes.

Similar thing was suggested before https://github.com/jeremywen/JW-Modules/issues/36

Maybe I could make something like this an optional feature in a future update. I do want it to be a fun/experimental sequencer but I get that people want to know which note they are adding.

2 Likes

Good stuff Jeremy!

Looks good JW!

One further idea if I may - currently the gate on is blue and the gate off is black and then the probability controls blend between the two. Because gate off is black, it means the gate buttons get darker as probability reduces - I wonder if it is worth seeing what it would look like if gate off was white (or a light grey like the module background) rather than black - then the gate colour would get lighter as probability reduces which I think might be more intuitive - and the darkest gate colour would then be the blue of gate on with 100% probability.

2 Likes

I think it looks nice? I think it’s a good idea. I turned the top row off just to show how it looks.

10 Likes

Looks great Jeremy!

1 Like

looks great!

sounds that :arrow_down: nice ?
:wink:

1 Like

testing

4 Likes

testing

4 Likes

Looks great now and it’s easy to see at a glance what the probability is. Thank you for implementing it :slight_smile:

Edit - just being picky now but looks like there is a slight offset issue between the gate blue and the black outline on steps 8, 12 and 16?

Thank you, Latif! :slight_smile:

1 Like