Its been awhile

The other day I had an opportunity to record a friend of mine, Christa Eschmann, who is visiting from Hanover, Germany. She is a flute player and you can read more about her here: https://www.uni-hildesheim.de/musik/team/kuenstlerische-mitarbeiter/eschmann-christa/). We had been recording for a few minutes and then during a break I asked her to imagine while she was playing that she was an astronaut who was in between galaxies. That she had left the Milky Way and was approaching a new galaxy full of mystery and wonders. She played for about four minutes. I used the recording in VCV Rack three times using NYSTHI “Confusing Simpler”. The first sample is played at normal speed, the second at 0.50 and a third at -0.25 and each sample has its own separate channel. I then used Meta Modulator to crossfold the first two samples and modulated the timbre with an AS TriLFO. The output was then sent through Smoke by Southpole. The third sample playing in reverse gets a kick to the speed setting from Befaco’s Rampage every 59 beats. “Confusing Simpler” gets used again to play a short portion of a recording I did while playing table tennis the other day. It is played at a speed of -1.06. It also gets a similar kick from Rampage when the EOC on the right side sends a trigger to the left side. In addition to its own channel it also sends a signal to Smoke in Ritardo mode to add a further element to the sound. All this gets mixed in MSCHack’s 16 channel mixer where a touch of Plateau by Valley and Dual Delay by MSM and Delay Plus by AS are added. The signal then routs through a compressor from NYSTHI called Dynamo and then through Parameter by VCV for some final EQing.

5 Likes

Nice, reminds of Morton Feldman, John Cage or smth like that

1 Like

Well done Ananda! Thanks for posting.

1 Like

This is great - I’ve always been interested in the mix of acoustic and electronic instruments, and this is a great example of that

1 Like