Is there something wrong with module browser?

If I type in vcf in the module browser I get all kinds of stuff like samplers, oscillators, switches, mutes, sequencers, all of VCV modules. I guess there’s a fuzzy search going on? I can’t say I like it.

The sorting seems to go out of the window when using the search as well?

type ‘filter’ instead, i know… seems ackward :slight_smile:

It’s not just that though, if I search for ‘hold’ I get ML Freeverb because the description has the word ‘old’ in it, Octaswitch, Octaplus, OctaTimes for ‘fold’, and LoFiTV by az because the description is ‘mold’.

From the Rack v2 Changelog:

• Redesign Module Browser with compact layout, adjustable zoom levels, sorting options, intelligent searching, and multiple tag selection. […]
  • Use a fuzzy search algorithm for searching modules in the Module Browser.

If you have suggestions for improvement, send an email to support@vcvrack.com.

1 Like

There is a bug with the sorting searches though, I’ll report it.

2 Likes

Always found the search wonky, returning results that have nothing to do with the search. Even gave me hits when typing nonsense phrases…

2 Likes

I recently switched from using MB to using the built in VCV Rack 2 browser (to allow me to use default module presets), and I’m confused about the filter.

When I search for a module, the search results are not affected by the filters (ie most used, or last used). Is this the same for everyone else? With MB, the search results reflected the module order preference.

It is for me, no change in order when changing the filter.

1 Like

I like the fuzzy search, because I can be a sloppy typist. My complaint about the browser is that the “most used” sort doesn’t reflect which modules I most use at all, at least not when also using that fuzzy search.

2 Likes

Same here, it would really help that when I type VCF with the “most used” filter, the first result is the VCF I use the most… For instance I love that I type “sco” and then Enter and I get an oscilloscope, but it is a bit tedious to have to find and remember what to type to talk “VCV weird search algorithm” and get the looked for answer as a first module proposed…

MB is really nice because the sort order affects the search results just the way one would like, but it doesn’t play nicely with module preset defaults.