If you miss modules in V2, read this

Quite possibly.

1 Like

1549 Modules ported to V2, that’s an insane amount of possibilities to explore already.

Rediscovering old ones which are now so relevant with the new VST option.

You have my gratitude.

2 Likes

I think there was a switch-over to show only V2 plugins/modules. I don’t know if there will be a legacy library service, like (library-v1.vcvrack.com), although I think that would be a good idea.

It’s not half as nice as the library, but the underlying data for free plugins is still available on the v1 branch of the library repo.

I will try to take this as an opportunity to learn modules that I am not so familiar with, Im also “forced” to learn modules that I always knew would simplify my workflow etc, but which I have never had the patience to learn earlier.

Try to approach this limitation in a way that will be beneficial to you and your music making!

Take care everybody

3 Likes

This is right, load modules you haven’t tried before. Before v2 came out I became wary of which modules to use in a patch in an effort to future proof them but I’ve just been trying some of the dBiz oscillators and they are amazing, the DAOSC can make some crazy sounds. I was inspired to try them because the look great now. And I’m looking into the other modules and there’s what looks like a Maths inspired module (Bench) and an Instruo inspired oscillator (TROSC). Great fun.

2 Likes

Yeah the dBiz update is great!

1 Like