Idea of one module which can disable a group of modules?

Greetings! :wave: :slightly_smiling_face: My first of likely many posts.

VCV is absolutely amazing. Thank you Andrew! Perhaps a more appropriate name could have been ā€œCV Crackā€ because Iā€™m totally hooked :crazy_face:

@stoermelder @synthi Strip brings the functionality Iā€™ve been hoping for. Fantastic that itā€™s possible using a module. Thank you Ben. And thanks Antonio for all the insane modules. Massive appreciation!

Okay, down to business :nerd_face: In Strip, Nysthi cabling isnā€™t loading correctly; cables appear in different inputs and outputs than where they were saved. Often Strip+Nysthi is crashing VCV. Cables ā€œcompetingā€ for connections seems to be the cause. Left in the screenshot is a module prior to saving a Strip. On the right is the loaded result.

I havenā€™t found any other modules that exhibit the same behaviour, but havenā€™t done much testing yet either.

Iā€™m on OS X 10.11.6. Rack 1.1.0.

59%20PM

1 Like

Hello Ray,
have you been using the latest build of my plugin? There was indeed a bug that caused wrong cabling, but it should be fixed in the lastest build. Otherwise I have to check again.

Hey Ben,
Oops sorry forgot to mention. I was using 1.0.9cb5dc7. Just installed 1.0.5024fcc. No crashing and at first glance appears to load perfectly. Thanks. Rack felt quite incomplete without this capability.

I am wondering, is it a reliable method? (assuming itā€™s development is supported of course) i.e. is it considered a hack and possibly prone to breaking in future Rack updates? Iā€™d like to know the risk before I invest potentially days in making presets :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, these parts of the API arenā€™t as stable as the dsp stuff, I guess.
But no, it is not a hack, I use functions exposed by the API. Will the plugin break in a future update of Rack (v2 and later) and need some modification? Most probably, yes. Will the preset files still be useable? Yes, as long Rack supports loading patches from previous versions. I use the same mechanism for loading and storing modules as Rack itself, it is exactly the same format. I use only my own convention for storing about the cabling, but this is quite trivial.

This been said, you should definitively wait until STRIP is released before investing much time. I can not guarantee that the file format wonā€™t change until it is released.

1 Like

Noted. Sounds good. Thanks for the details.

@stoermelder
Just FYI but you likely already know: Strip presets do not appear to recall (self-contained) CV-Map and MIDI-Map assignments.

1 Like

I know, but Iā€™m not sure if I can find a solution for this. I need to think about it a little more.

I though it might be a limitation. A little disappointing if it is.

Also, I noticed cable colors arenā€™t recalled. Not really a big problem but it would be great if possible.

Hello, do you think STRIP will be soon in the plugin manager? because I am impatient to try it (and I donā€™t understand how to do it if it is not in plugin managerā€¦:roll_eyes:) Have a nice week-end.

Hello matthleg, Iā€™m writing the manual at the moment and do final testing. If no major problems arise I will submit my request for a new version in the Library tomorrow. So, it should be available in the next few days.

Manual installation is just downloading the correct zip-package for your system from my GitHub-repository and saving the file in your plugin-folder of Rack. On the next restart of Rack the plugin will be available.

1 Like

@stoermelder
Love the new additions to STRIP Ben. The best module in VCV!
I was wondering if itā€™s possible to step through presets using controls / CV inputs on the interface. Itā€™d be so nice to load presets without the all the mousing. And preset sequencing a group of modules would be insane. I suspect itā€™s unlikely though.

Hm, that sounds indeed like an interesting idea! I will think about it :slightly_smiling_face:

Look what you made me do @stoermelder:

Iā€˜m very sorry about that :crazy_face:

1 Like