I have an error launching VCV rack!

I was excited to install VCV rack, but when i tried to launch it I got an error message saying “the code execution cannot proceed because mfplat.dll was not found”. I tried to re-install the program but I keep getting the error message. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Which OS are you using?

Im using windows 10

I will check it out thank you!<3

If you need more help, guessing it’s a Windows (a missing dll’s related issue) thing, you should try to find what’s your OS version actually is, if it sorts out to be WIndows 10 “N” version (European “special” edition) you may possibly have to update your system with the Media Feature Package, here the Microsoft download page, here unofficial help for fixing the thing.

Thank you! I appreciate it<3

Before trying to install a missing .dll it is good idea to check if it’s already installed. You can do so by searching for “mfplat.dll” in the windows 10 search box on the taskbar.

Thank you I will!

Please do not download random binaries from the internet, and please do not recommend others to download random binaries from the internet. By answering questions you are not sure about, you are likely to do more damage than benefit.

The lack of this DLL means that your Windows installation somehow doesn’t have Media Feature Pack. Get it from Microsoft’s website here. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

3 Likes

If your version of windows is Windows 10 N it will be missing these multimedia features. As Andrew said get it from a reputable source!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you! I appreciate it alot<3

YOU ARE RIGHT…iI WILL REDIRECT PEOPLE TO SURE SITE, AKA MICROSOFT AND I DID NOT THINK ALSO OF THE DIFFERENT VERSION (COUNTRIES)… THANK’S FOR YOUR INSIGNT…