I did a video on why VCV Rack may be the ultimate software synth

Shameless plug here of me shamelessly plugging VCV Rack.

8 Likes

There’s a problem with this video. I don’t see any of my modules here?

8 Likes

Haha. He’ll have to redo it.

2 Likes

Great video, Sir! I’m afraid it’s too late for me though… I need all the synths I can wrap my hard drives around.

1 Like

I assume he’s preparing another video with the title “The hidden gems of VCV Rack 2”.

There he’ll uncover all the Squinky modules he had to exclude here because of the disturbing font style. :wink:

5 Likes

Haha, yes. The guy who makes Squinky Labs modules now likes that font, I think. :wink:

Yes I do :slight_smile: Nothing wrong with it.

Just had a thought. How was Kitchen Sink not called Kitchen Squink?

8 Likes

Back on topic, nice summary video.

when I hear “Kitchen Sink” (from @Squinky ) in my head starts always the

DRIP DRIP DRIP DRIP

from “The Cure”
:heart:

3 Likes

For me it’s Come on in my Kitchen by Robert Johnson but again, massively off-topic…

1 Like

Got to agree, ‘I’m into Weird Shit’. So there are more of us out there in Rack land! Huzzah!!! Well said mate!

1 Like

Hey that’s actually a great idea!

I’ll definitely check out the Squinky Labs modules, the community demands it, it seems!

and remember - the customer is always right!

my first thought was The Dangerous Kitchen by Frank Zappa

2 Likes

All those are better than reality. As I remember it I was working on a VCO that “did everything” and I called it “kitchen sink” because I “threw the kitchen sink at it”. But I never finished that. Instead I got distracted by everyone using FM-OP all the time, so I turned kitchen sink into a superset of FM-OP.

4 Likes

Ah that is so cool, it is exactly what I thought it was ! The first time I really tried it, I remember thinking “Oh it even has sync and some wavetable shaping of sort, plus linear and PM, OK, that must be why it is called like that !”.

1 Like