How do I split and distribute a CV input signal to two outputs based on probability?

By the way, you may find this approach doesn’t quite gel with other common techniques, such as colour coding your cables. I personally don’t like to do that because I feel that it can sometimes lead me down a standard route, not that there is anything wrong with it, just that I like to be contrary and different, I am a unique and beautiful snowflake, don’t you know!?

In a large complex patch, if I want some sort of alternative structure to colour coded cables, I might employ what I call a flow-chart strategy, where I try to have all signals flow in the same direction. This should make it easier to understand a patch when you can locate an origin and an end point.

I also highly recommend using VCV Library - stoermelder GLUE to add handy labels and notes in your patches.

1 Like

As you say, color coding is just one of many approaches to keep organized, so I’d rather use it judiciously, not obsessively. To some extent, there is more gain and beauty to be found when transgressing boundaries.

I also like VCV Library - Stochastic Telegraph Fermata for annotations.

That’s been a while. Just hope there is no one “opposed to the abolition of slavery” :laughing: