Help needed: VCVrack high CPU usage on Linux

I noticed that top shows a similar figure for Rack as you but I just opened renoise and it got to about 180 for a not too taxing project. I’m having a lot of stability issues with it now, it can be fine for about 45min or so and then it freezes, sometimes the whole system is locked and sometimes I can kill it after about 3mins of being unresponsive and my system recognises my clicks/keys.

All the while the audio thread keeps going and sound is as if nothing is wrong. I experienced this previously when using ardour and nouveau and one of the ardour devs said that nouveau isn’t suited for realtime audio and that it is well known, sure enough there is a small mention of the bug on the arch wiki. But I’m using nvidia now so it is puzzling.

I tried just now to see if the power meter makes any difference and it does give me a lot more xruns and unresponsiveness.

I’m thinking of nuking my install and starting again cleanly although renoise ran perfectly fine for the last hour though and I haven’t had any problems with any other program so perhaps it is rack.

I didn’t experience this initially with v1 so I suppose it’s possible that I am using a module with a major bug in my default template.