Frequency Domain 2.0

looks epic bud! nice

1 Like

Hah! What a timing! :grin:

This is GREAT, thank you very much!

1 Like

Phew, excellent news indeed!

This is a bit weird. In all the past V2 migration releases of other plugins that I have noticed, the most recent migrations always appear at the top when sorted by Created. But Frequency Domain is not. I wonder if it was approved and “released”, but maybe there was some kind of hiccup preventing it from showing? And when it finally got resolved, the release date was no longer recent? Pure speculation.

1 Like

Nope, actually they have never shown on top when sorted by Created. If the plugin has been in the library in v1, when it has been ported to v2 and added to the library, it has always retained its “created” date according to when it was first created (also during the v1 period).

When you sort by build timestamp instead of Created, they show on top. This has been the case for all plugins:

1 Like

I was surprised it wasn’t at the top either, but sounds like Guenon has sussed out the reason, but no it was not “held up” or anything - it just finally got built and added to the library today

2 Likes

Thanks - cool hidden feature!

I think I was confusing my experience with the web Library vs how my Library within VCV Rack itself is configured. Currently my Rack library shows the most recently installed or updated modules at the top, and at the moment Frequency Domain is indeed at the top.

1 Like

I was surprised it wasn’t at the top either, but sounds like Guenon has sussed out the reason

Yeah, this was my pet peeve after buying Rack 2 Pro :slight_smile: , many times I would check the library and saw the module count increase, but nothing came on top based on the “created” date - and every time this meant… some plugin was just ported over, from v1, but the creation date was the original one. So I had to look through different categories and see what’s up, and what had been ported, hah.

Then I mentioned this on the VCV Discord and someone kindly gave that tip about sorting by build date, which feels like a semi-hidden feature indeed (okay, completely hidden, like Dave said :grin: ), as there is no visual cue on the page for sorting like that.

Not hidden:

https://library.vcvrack.com/plugins?query=&sort=buildTimestamp

https://library.vcvrack.com/plugins?query=&sort=buildTimestamp

1 Like

well finally, there are here! expect a donation, of course!

i only use a handfull (which is still a big hand) of modules in VCV, the ones that make VCV really special, and of course, some normal modules… Frequency Domain i used an can use again in VCV 2…

unique modules and for a spectral/granular addict (also additive addict, well all kind of treatments or synthesis…), well the bomb!

2 Likes

Thanks! I had overlooked this completely; sorting by build date is definitely hidden while one is in the module view, yet it is available and can be used by specifying it using the URL - but going into the plugin list view has it visible, and it serves the same purpose in practice! I wish I had noticed that earlier, haha :laughing:

And yes, Frequency Domain certainly warrants a donation! :heart_eyes:

1 Like