FLAG (free) Stems (Multi Channel Wav/Flac Stem Player with High-Quality-Resampling)

I use dr wav, but did not know about the other. Cool.

1 Like

oh, yeah, hereā€™s the one I used. Seems it doesnā€™t have much restrictions either. perhaps I was thinking about libnsd.

### xiff flac codec ###

Copyright (C) 2000-2009  Josh Coalson
Copyright (C) 2011-2016  Xiph.Org Foundation

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
are met:```
1 Like

Hi @PaulPiko your ideas have finally come to life. The latest version (2.1.2) adds the following:

1. Folder selector remembers last folder.
  2. Load individual files
  3. Flac support
  4. Support multi-channel files (only first 16 channels)
  5. Single Poly-out port per track

I also made some subtle changes:

1. Wider threading for resampling, one thread per channel
  2. Menu option to unload all files
  3. Takes up a bit less space (because single out-port)
  4. The oscilloscope-looking visualization had changed to a simpler vu-style

Hope you like it!

2 Likes

Oh nice! Sounds great. I look forward to giving it a run. Thanks for your work!

1 Like

Here is a video of why I made it, and an example of what it looks like in action at the end.

9 Likes

This is amazing!

I would find it useful if there was a phase input to locate the playhead. Itā€™d also be nice to have the playback control inputs be polyphonic (corresponding to tracks 1-6)

Thanks for making it!

1 Like

Proper

1 Like

What are other good ways to make multitrack wav files? Could it load multiple mono files instead? Iā€™d like to get several track applying back at once, and donā€™t really want to use one module for each (although that might be acceptable).

Stems can load multiple mono files. (6 of them) polyrecorder produces multi channel files.

1 Like

Yeah, I want to record some stuff in Reaper, then mangle it in VCV. Sounds like there are plenty of options, and mono wav might be the most versatile for me. tx.

1 Like