Eurorack Modules You Want in VCV Rack

Hello again, good to hear you are still tinkering with the Nautilus recreation, I’ll have a look and play with it.

Here is a slightly re-worked version from 6 months ago (work & other life things have been incredibly demanding of my time). I’ve added a few notes on what’s going on. It’s basically the dispersal/sensor network with added bitcrush and shimmer that are mixed in with a VCA Mix. No real UI to speak of yet. YMMV.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll have a play. So the UI is going to Patchmaster based?

1 Like

Yeah, I really like how Patchmaster works and enjoy building the UI with that. I also really like how the Reason Combinator makes a good front end in the DAW (which can be automated and controlled with different MIDI interfaces).

Here’s a screenshot of the Combinator in Reason. The green outlines on parameters show that there is automation controlling them.

Some small tweaks. Added some controls to the shimmer and bitcrush, some labels. Still very much a WIP.

could you make a thread for nautilus updates and give this thread back?

2 Likes

Done. Can I move posts there?

1 Like

Anything from Hikari Instruments:

Has anyone played those?

1 Like

No but they look rather interesting. The last in particular-the multi feedback loops sound interesting . Anyone know of a module or set of modules that will do that. Anyone any audio of that Eurorack module.

1 Like

Sure, there are plenty of audio demos on YouTube. They both exist in standalone desktop versions as well. From what I’ve heard, they sound reminiscent of the Benjolin… Maybe start from there. I guess it would be possible to patch something resembling Monos just going by the module description and block diagram available online. But Duos I have no idea how it works. That’s why I’d love some insight from someone who has played it.

Would love to see the Rossum modules like Morpheus and Control Forge

3 Likes

Morpheus inspired this module

4 Likes

You can find Z-plane filters in the Airwindows collection as well:

I believe they are loosely modeled after the E-MU e6400 hardware.

3 Likes

In my opinion, the missing modules are not in VCV, they are missing in Eurorack in special the MindMeld Mixer , ShapeMasterPro and EQ-Master with extensions, and so on.

BUT one thing i always miss in VCV is a Module that allows a easy connection with i.e AKAI MIDI controllers

1 Like

for inspiration, Dustin’s modules for Arturia minilab3. They’re not in the library, and he may have abandoned them - but i think the license permits if someone wants to develop this further.

3 Likes

I repeat: Synthtech E370 !! And: something like the Schlaeppi Engineering “ThreeBody”

i´d sell my neighbour for those. …took here allready into custody. I´m ready :wink: Gonna catch her sister too, to get the two of em.

That would be amazing. I have the Synthesis Technology collection, and the Morphing Terrarium is ace. This would be even better!

I would love to get this in VCV : ADDAC Random Bezier Waves made by Monotrail.

2 Likes
1 Like

we have this all-pass filter

the manual gives you a little bit of headache to find the correct rows to be read, but then you can save yourself a screenshot :smiley:

2 Likes