Eurorack Modules You Want in VCV Rack

wiqid modules are fantastic but Nohmad is one of the historical modules in VCV… I miss it so much… :sob:

Why is that?

Not the guy you replied to, but this module was fully analog and had no code to share. It would have to be modeled to get the functions in a digital unit. Most likely not scheduled to happen any time soon and it may not meet the same criteria to copy that the open sourced modules would.

It would be cool if there was a matrix mixer like the EMS Synthi pin matrix, and include all the crosstalk. If you modulate two different inputs with one signal, other modulations of either input bleeds into the other. In other words the pin matrix is unbuffered, so it’s a festival of unintended modulation,

1 Like

Sounds fun, intentionally funny gear. I like the concept, bet it’s a doozy to figure out in digital.

I was going to model the entire Zoxnoxious analog modulations like EMS Synthi, but it became a bit too complex. I still kept the pin-like interface for the Audio Out module, where one selects the output cards and routing them to left/right channels.

But yeah - EMS had some cool stuff and the interface to prove it!

2 Likes

Intellijel Sealegs or Q-Bit Nautilus.

I’ve been cobbling together VCV Rack proof of concept module sets to try and replicate aspects of the signal flow that I want to experiment with.

1 Like

I would love to see the progress you have made with the ‘Sealegs’ build, how have you assembled that? Love delay modules that warp sounds and give them a beautiful texture. I have made a rack version of the Vongon Polyphrase guitar pedal. A Time Lag Accumulator style device.

Nautilus sounds interesting as well-underwater delay hmmm!

1 Like

Hi @ady34 - happy to share with you. I’m following a method similar to a VCV version of my Sherman Filter Bank. I’ve only just started and have the Fog routing switcher built (a Stoermelder Intermix being controlled by PatchMaster). The modulation and other features should not be too hard to implement. I’ll share what I have as soon as I feel it is worth sharing (another couple of days).

@Vega I’m replying to a post from years ago here, but I see the Databender has been mentioned a few times. If you have Host FX and don’t mind buying plugins occasionally, there’s one called Digitalis which makes some very similar sounds:

It’s one of my favourite plugins! :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve tried Digitalis and didn’t really vibe with it. Couldn’t get it to make the sounds I wanted. While it’s a lot more limited Codec | Modern Degradation VST3 / AU Plugin | Lese does exactly what I want, and is free.

Sorry to say, but unless you have the schematic, and are very good at analog modelling it’s going to be hard to get something to sound like a Sherman Filterbank. You could make something with has the same sorts of knobs and does filtering but that filter spanks hard.

Sorry to say, but unless you have the schematic, and are very good at analog modelling it’s going to be hard to get something to sound like a Sherman Filterbank.

The Filter bank is not a simple filter. I don’t know what the practical upper limit is for circuit level emulation, but it’s a big one.

Do you happen to know anyone who fits this profile?

[wink, wink, nudge, nudge]

2 Likes

The schematic is private.

Step 8 can be simulated with this one:

but there is no shift register mode as there are a lot of them in vcvrack already available.

e.g. here is a 16 value shift register:

2 Likes

So how’s it going with the ‘Sealegs’ and Nautilus builds. if you need any assistance I would love to help. Thanks for doing these. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Here’s my proof of concept patch. Much has yet to be done and it arrives muted by as a precaution (I have not left the feedback or delay set too high). I’ve also patched in a small sequencer as a sound source, but you can route this to take sound from your DAW or whatever.

It is most fun and rewarding if you have a MIDI controller to drive the different faders with.

I’ve used free modules only, but there’s a wide selection drawn upon. You may need to load some new modules, but if you are a completist and have everything you won’t be missing anything! LOL.

Have fun. I am interested to hear your feedback. I’ve just posted a small demo track on my SoundCloud account (AmbientSpace) called “Brigade of Buckets”.

Hi Andy, Here’s my crude Sherman interpretation. I made it about 6 months ago and since then have developed some new routing ideas and will want to come back to it. YMMV.

Here’s an update from today. I’ve switched out Hora Flux for Erica Fusion delay and have enabled some drive and colour options. I’ve also dropped in a filter after each delay pair for extra character if you should desire to enable it and use the modulation to control the frequency.

Next is to find some hiss and crackle. And sorry, but I left the mute off and it will sing at you.