Eurorack Modules You Want in VCV Rack

I use “Shaper” quite often, indeed we have good options ! But, the idea of three different shaping stages with independents controls, ins and outs, well even though it is doable with various modules, it just isn’t the same.

It might only be from the frustration of not having “the real thing” (and knowing it will probably never happen) but anyway, that would be nice and inspiring. For instance I really like the feedback exploration in the style you can find on the YouTube Chanel “La synthèse humaine” (=> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6MtpOlZ7axVfJyA2oHytNg ), all done on a Serge system.

Thank you for pointing me to it, you’re talking about the VCV Library - Bidoo BanCau I guess ? I will try it, to see how it goes alongside Rampage that I already use. Bidoo’s modules always surprise me in a good way.

Love Rampage, I personally prefer it to Maths honestly- the comparator logic and increased functionality is so much fun

1 Like

Yes it is. I love the original Serge: what sets it appart from math and rampage is the simple attenuverter on the rise and fall mod: it allows very subtle changes, but as a bonus, when nothing is connected to the mod inputs, and if the switch is on (the f switch on bidoo I guess), then it feeds the output to the mods inputs and the attenuverters become a log/exp curve shaper for each stage :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It has already been updated to VCV Rack 2.

Percussion Modules!!!

Eurorack has such a fun assortment of percussion synths, but VCV’s drums have always been a bit bland. We have Percussive Vibration, Plaits, Prok ($), and Psi-Op, but apart from that there aren’t many options for percussion synthesis.

I’d love to see some new wavetable, FM, wavefolding, and cluster-based percussion modules in VCV. I know you can technically patch most of those together yourself, but you lose the immediacy and fun that dedicated stuff offers. Think Dinky’s Taiko, Peaks, Zaps, QD, etc etc etc.

Have you seen this thread from Voxglitch ;Percussion’ based module in development. This at the bottom of the thread. I’m not his Marketing team honest. This looks promising.

Voxglitch Community Feedback - Plugins & Modules - VCV Community (vcvrack.com)

good old plaits/ palette has at least 10 modes that sounds great when used as percussive voices! You will also find some good stuff using Ring and element as atonal drum percussions :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have! I’m super excited for it.

Good old Plaits has served me well through the years. Back in the good old days plaits and autodafe we’re pretty much the only drum options we had.

try Frozen Wasteland Hair Pick or the Frequency Domain Box of Revelation which has some nice comb filter cubes (and you can make your own if you want)

2 Likes

Wow. Seems amazing, I’ll dig, thanks!

Has there ever been consideration of porting the Westlicht Performer Sequencer from Eurorack into VCV? - I just did a quick forum search but haven‘t found a hit…

Afaik the code is open source. I use the hardware quite a bit and while there is plenty sequencing options in VCV, it is a really cool machine. Cheers, dDom

1 Like

Knobula Poly Cinematic has some nice features in a small package

1 Like

Here’s something different- a bunch of emulations/clones we do have in VCV Rack that aren’t well known (so NOT mutable/befaco/etc.). LMK if I missed any :slight_smile:

Intellijel Metropolis: Bidoo DTroy

Intellijel Grids: Valley Topograph/uGraph

Roland SH-101: Valley Interzone

Buchla 208: Nysthi 208

Mutable Instruments Edges: KautenjaDSP Blocks

Moog Subharmonicon: dBiz SuHa / SuHa Mk2 / FourSeq / Divider / Util2

Subharmonicon VCO (better sound emulation): Squinky Labs Substitute

JP-8000 Supersaw: Squinky Labs Saws

Moog Bode Shifter: Squinky Labs Booty Shifter

Spin FV-1 (DSP Chip used in a bajillion pedals and FX): EH-Modules FV-1.Emu

Make Noise Rene- dBiz Bene (kind of)

Nozoid multi-mode module

Bastl Kompass

4 Likes

Squinky Labs Substitute is a copy of the Subharmonicon VCO section. Oh, and Booty Shifter is a copy of the Moog/Bode frequency shifter. Oh, and Saws is a very close recreation of the Roland Super Saw.

3 Likes

How could I betray Squinky like that :C no idea how I forgot about those

1 Like

A few Eurorack modules I used to have, that I’d like to see live again in VCV :smiley:

there’s been some suggestion of Makenoise coming for a fairly long time but still no sign that I can remember.

Well, after the you-know-what event I seriously doubt Make Noise is ever coming to VCV Rack.

I’d definitely spam-email Scott Jaeger for those sweet sweet harsh noisemaker modules, though.

The you-know-what event?