Entangled Voltages – sequenced function generator

Thanks a lot for your thorough feedback. I do agree on features but one of my design goals is something that I’ll be able to build physically. I’m actually thinking of having two versions of the module. One that’s purely for VCV Rack and the other one as proof of concept for a physical thing. I’ll keep your suggestions in mind (and in my notebook) for sure.

And ofc I’ll extend the manual very soon.

2 Likes

Maestro looks very interesting! Thanks.

1 Like

Your are very right about bipolar. I even think it should be the default mode.

1 Like

Hi Nikita

As I love make intricate rythme i’m already like your MSEG Module.

By the Way what is the meaning of the button between the two output. I know it will be in the doc soon… But I can"t wait haha.

1 Like

Update! v2.1.3

Mac

Win

Entangled-Voltages-v2.1.3.pdf (403.8 KB)

Just posted an update.

OK, Mac Build now loads fine. On to test…

Just discovered a huge bug in entanglement mode. Working on it.

1 Like

One error in the manual I think - it says:

“CLK input takes a 24PPQN BPM clock signal that runs the sequencer. The easy way to provide it is Impromptu Clocked module with a clock multiplier set to a maximum of x96.”

But a 24ppqn clock signal is a x24 output from Clocked. A x96 output from Clocked is 96ppqn.

1 Like

Pardon my music theory. I got to fix it (either the manual or the module).

1 Like

v2.1.4 bug fix version. Hopefully fixes the behaviour of the entanglement button (the button between the outputs).

Mac

Win

1 Like

Thanks for some long awaited clarifications, Nikita, but what about those same 3 color mods in output section? (+ I apologise in advance for not testing yet your latest updates).

I was thinking of something like this, but it’s clearer now. Thank for the ultra speed update, haha.

1 Like

I’m a bit lost. There are three colours for step LEDs and one colour for output LEDs. Which ones are you talking about?

Sorry for my color blindness :wink: I simply meant 3 possible mods for output sections and by analogy with 3 color mods for knobs I was thinking about the same “color style” for output. But it doesn’t really matter (almost) after your latest update of manual ) Just one additional question - I didn’t quite catch what you meant there by saying about the button between the outputs: “When there is one, the other sequence play time becomes the same as the master one’s”. What is meant by “other sequence play time”? Don’t they have the same time from the beginning?

1 Like

By play time, I mean a total length of one cycle of a sequence in seconds. So, by default without the entanglement, both sequences’ play times are the same when they have the same number of steps enabled. They become different if the number of enabled steps is different. With entanglement enabled the play times are the same even if there is a different number of steps enabled. The length of a step of a dependent sequence is calculated from the total play time of the master sequence.

I hope it clarifies it and not the opposite. :slight_smile:

P.S. Also, I have to work on my teminology.

v2.1.6

• move to SDK v.2.1.1
  • save bipolar setting between sessions

Mac

Win

1 Like

So without “entanglement”, you have a polymeter. With entanglement you have polyrhythms.

1 Like

Well…still I am a bit confused )) How you could make “different number of steps” for 2 seqs? It seems that the only solution for that is to make some “skip steps” at the ends? Or what?

Exactly!