Emulating Bitwig's Per Voice Modulation

This is a pretty easy way to do something like that:

1 Like

That’s my motto. I have noticed alot of modules that look glamorous, but under the hood they are causing havoc. So I stick to my very small collection of modules that I trust. Your modules definitely being part of them.

1 Like

Well, I hope Fundamental and Bogaudio are Mind Meld are on that list. They all seem super high quality and low CPU.

:smile: when I started with VCV a couple of years ago, I read a blog where somebody recommended which plugins to start out with. Fundamental, Bogaudio, Count Modula, Squinky Labs, Mindmeld, Vult plus a few more. These became my go to plugins, and they’ve always been rock solid.

1 Like

You can also do this to have one button control the relative phase of multiple LFOs :

Its basically the same setup as yours, but with less modules and cpu.

…Ok I’ll stop now… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If you “just” want multiple phases it would be easier to use an LFO with multi phased outputs, wouldn’t it? And less CPU.

:popcorn:

Yes. But I thought the idea was to get a one knob phase spread setup. I don’t know anymore, maybe this thread went on a tangent. But lots of cool ideas here.

1 Like

One major thing I learned is that the fundamental LFO works great polyphonically. There is almost no change in CPU usage running 16 LFOs. Which is great.

yeah, Fundamentals are all excellent. At least the ones I’m familiar with.

Yep that works. I use the Bogaudio Polycon module instead, there’s an 8 and 16 channel version. Hit randomise and set the number of channels, and it effectively makes any LFO that supports polyphony into up to16 LFOs. I’ve been poly modulating everything recently! Poly effects in particular is a crazy concept, although there aren’t many modules that can do it.

Here’s 16 channels of poly LFO into quantised pitch, with the filter and Stocaudio delay also driven polyphonically, great fun.

Oh no that Nysthi module has no pants on!!! How’s your little corner of UK heaven? Is this patch available to play with? On Patch Storage? Like the sounds of the water delay fxs. Much appreciated.

Yeah, forgot to put the link in the description!

Thanks so much. So now u are virtual modular on patch storage?

Yep, I changed it a while back to be the same name as my YouTube channel. I can’t remember where supermuppet came from but it’s a piss poor online handle! Anyway we’ve hijacked someone else’s thread, apologies! :wink:

I think you meant split into 16 channels, not 8.

But there is no need for any module(s) to detect polyphonic note changes - The ML Quantum does it for you! The Trigger output sends a trigger every time it quantizes a new note. The only problem is the trigger length is too short for your ADSR. You can simply add a VCV Fundamental GATES to lengthen the triggers into appropriate gate lengths.

Polyphonic Note Change Detector

The only substantive difference is this configuration sends a trigger (gate) on every note change, whereas your Nysthi construct only sends triggers for rising note changes. But the falling note change only occurs once per LFO cycle when the Saw falls back to -5 V, so I doubt it really matters.

If you really must screen out falling note changes, then you can easily construct your own polyphonic rising edge detector with VCV Fundamental modules. (this works well because the quantizer outputs clean stair step signals)

Polyphonic Rising Edge Detector

The Quantum output gets sent to both COMPARE inputs A and B, except B has a 1 sample delay introduced by the MIX module. The COMPARE A>B sends a 1 sample trigger each time the note rises, and again the GATES extends the trigger into an appropriate length.

1 Like

Thanks Dave, that was a typo - it was 8 channels initially then I reworked the patch to use 16. Didn’t think of using Quantum for the gates though, that’s a great idea.