EMC23 Presents The Concept Mixtape - LIVE
The first episode is up, you can see/hear it at
While I had originally intended to open with a vcvrack patch, I had a pop tune that I had no way of contextualizing until I found this patch by Black Earth.
It opens like the BBC radiophonics that precedes it and morphs into a poppy piano-like number that perfectly represents vcvrack and allows me to morph into YOLO (the pop tune.)
You can see the VCVrack patch in the visuals but this time I rendered the patch to a wav and played it in Ableton. In future I intend to play the vcvrack patch live.
To this end we are playing around with designs for a DIY VCVrack modular midi controller(s) system
Wouter previously built the random freesound downloader for volca sampler that I use a lot in the shows
Anyway I think this episode is a good representation of the expected trajectory of the show and I hope you enjoy.
00:00 - Artic Interference - Artic Interference - RNGMNN -Winter Light
09:00 - A new Years Hallow - VcvRack Patch - Black Earth - Patch Storage
12:40 - Yolo - BabariQ Of Africa
16:20 - Mount Tryta/Havenridge Bridge - 0Lsyx - EMAlliance
20:15 - Bouce - Gribbles
23:00 - Berrak Washing Machine - Stephanie Merchak
26:03 - Howling At the Moon - Bulfner - EM Alliance
Last weeks show had 1.3k viewers in total
- Drop Ship Down - Chris Prine
- Fuck N TimeAW100
- Algorithmic Mousike - Cylotron
- Let’s Go Mental
- Gunman clive - a strAnger
- Dissident Call - Red Stoned Dog
- Bat Acid - Scanner
- Wanderlust - Rapoon
- Incidence Resonance - Synthikat - PatchStorage <-- Guest VCVRack patch
- Plastic Giraffe - Temple
- therapy - Temple
- Post Pasta Perfetto - Roof Tent Rhythms - The Tuesday Night Machines
- Spirits of AfroDublism - Cousin Silas and the Glove of Bones
- Hauntology - Stone Tape - Sounds Effects
- Twenty 6 - Survey Channel
- A memory of Tomorrow - FROM
- All Demons are Horned - ABBILDUNG
- Burnt a drOne - NNYZ
- You’re gonna die in a cafe
- Damned Civil War - Dan Cross
- Bloodstone - Amon Tobin
Now with 300% more VCVrack!
I rendered a Synthikat piece because I was focusing on other technical issues for the show. But 3 days and 20 takes later, when I recorded the show and was playing the rendered VCVrack piece, the vcvrack dedicated laptop was still on an synced with the studio so I was able to play alongside using the same patch.
Track list to come later.