Echoes from the Down

I’m digging this Terre Verte a lot! That tape noise is relaxing and goes well with the Plaits/Rings/Clouds goodness you came up with.

2 Likes

Thanks Adi, the original plan was to keep building in distortion for that post rock wall of sound ending but I kind of liked how it tailed off with just that little touch of extra noise. Glad you liked it.:smile:

Here’s a little atonal patch that starts off quietly and descends into something a little more challenging.

1 Like

Reminds me a bit of the soundtrack of Dishonored at some points :slight_smile:
Anyway very good work ! i liked the ambience :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Olival, I was trying to capture a feeling of being marooned and the creeping isolation that would eventually take over. I’m not sure if it classifies as music, maybe sound design. That’s what I like about modular, nothing ends up quite how you expected. :grinning:

1 Like

A little overnight journey on a sleeper.

Train sounding sample loop from Loscil’s ‘New Brighton Filed Study’ pack on bandcamp.

3 Likes

i really like this one a lot, i think you did that field recording justice :slight_smile:

1 Like

A little ambient patch inspired by Greyfriars Bobby.

I’m still experimenting a lot with noise and how far I can push things. I’m not really a melody type of person, I like organised, hopefully interesting, chaos and atmospheres. Thanks to Omri for the Bernoulli Gate trick, it saves a lot of space. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Love this rain, shuffling sound, and this sort droney thing that pans every time it changes notes. Seriously cool patch…

1 Like

Thanks AdiQ :smile: The droney thing is noise being fed into rings, quantised with marbles and then fed into clouds.

Glad you like it, I was quite fond of this patch.

1 Like

A little drone type patch trying to create a sense of wonder, and optimism.
I wanted to keep things minimal as the temptation is to keep adding more layers to patches like this, which can be interesting sometimes, but for this patch I liked the honesty of a few simple chords.

4 Likes

A little generative ambient patch.

Cho Oyu is the sixths highest mountain in the Himalayas and means ‘Turquoise Goddess’ in Tibetan.

https://patchstorage.com/cho-oyu/

3 Likes

I like this a lot. Very well done sir.

1 Like

A little ambient patch using Tidal Modulator 2 in chord mode.

A short little atmospheric patch based around Alright Devices Chronoblob 2 and Bogaudio’s FM-OP.

I wanted something that had some space to breathe but hopefully remain food for the imagination.

2 Likes

A little experiment in minimalism and repetition, also my first play with the rainbow,

1 Like

This is more melodic than I’m used to doing but though someone might like it.

https://patchstorage.com/for-loop/

1 Like

A minimalist dirge using the tidal modulator 2.

For me I find it quite a challenging piece, but I tried to keep it honest and just rely on the raw oscillators which seemed appropriate somehow.

A dark ambient, atmospheric patch made with random sounds and a simple arp over a drone.
It takes a little while to get going.

Here’s the patch file
https://patchstorage.com/orpheus-stone/

1 Like

A little live patch of sorts with me mother 32 through a boss RV 6 reverb and on into VCV Rack.

The glitchy bit in the middle comes from macro oscillator 2 by modulating the vowel and speech algorithm.

1 Like