Easiest (and most CPU-friendly) way to generate a constant polyphonic signal?

Hello,

Some modules require a multichannel signal in an input to get a multichannel signal out of them.

My goal is to generate a constant signal with 0V on 16 channels. I have some solutions but I can’t find one requiring only one module to generate such a polyphonic signal. Any suggestion?

Thank you for helping.

Bogaudio Polycon16?

1 Like

Computerscare Knoly Pobs, or Computerscare Boly Puttons will do the trick. Combine with Computerscare Toly Pools to reduce the number-of-channels if you ultimately want fewer than 16 channels of polyphony.

2 Likes

This will do it, just set the number of channels in the context menu.

2 Likes

Wow, so many awesome modules to use for testing!

In between I have found Computerscare’s Roly Pouter, which does the trick but I guess Knoly Pobs will be a bit more CPU-friendly. Also it requires less space than Affix or Polycon16.

Thank you guys!

we need a list of utilities for module developers :wink:

nysthi meters can do poly signals if using the first channel

23volts monopoly does that. just plug the output and select 16 channels, you’ll get 16 channels at 0v

1 Like

Bug report, on windows the channel numbers go from 0-15 in the tooltips :wink:

1 Like

Yes it’s because it’s the actual internal value (0 = 1, 15 = 16). Mostly waiting V2 for dealing with these as it will be easier to implement custom tooltips in the new API.

1 Like

It is a v1 feature that you can add a constant offset to the param displays. I do it in my new 4X4 for the same thing. It’s also super easy to implement your own tooltips. 4X4 has tooltips on many of the jacks.

1 Like