Does VCV Rack have any good sample players? Freeware?

(Patman / NYSTHI Manual) #7

Just… Don’t ask for the manual. We’re working on them… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::rofl:

(Jim T) #8

I like cf player except for the way the playback speed changes if you change the engine sample rate

(Jan Horky ) #9

Hi, have you some example patch performance with luppolo? I didn’t found any tutorial. Thank you.

(Christoph) #10

The Radio Music module (modular80 module pack) is a sample player. In its latest version it supports one-shot playback.

(Antonio Tuzzi) #11

you can use quadsimpler: support for single shot or looped mode
any length any sampling rate, mono or stereo
wav 16 or 24 bits or floating point (ieee)

(Brad Smith) #12

TUZZ!!! Happy New Year!

(Daniele Zerbini) #13

Here the patches for the VCP-8 contest, featuring Luppolo3 (3-tracks “big brother” version of Luppolo):
https://patchstorage.com/platform/vcv-rack/?search_query&tax_platform=vcv-rack&tax_post_tag[0]=vcp-8&orderby=date&fbclid=IwAR3dif2ORbH7alkt0igq_oJkw5Sn1M_T0GsmJMsPVZO7TkOfd8I1YhoI5u4
I could try to assemble one simpler thing with Luppolo when I’ll be again at my daw, the next week, if you wish :slight_smile:

I really like Campione as a sampler.

(Nikolai V. Chr.) #15

I use the Bidoo player, works well for me.

(Matthew D Gantt) #16

yr a hero!

(Matthew D Gantt) #17

As an aside - I’m living for the day we see a morphogene/phonegene style granular sampler in VCV! < 3

If anyone would like some starter help with taking on that project, there’s a Morphagene emulation for Organelle, written in PureData, that is GPL-licensed.

Have you logged a bug for that? It’s very easy to fix that.

(Matthew D Gantt) #20

oh dang that’s incredible! I’m more of a Max/MSP person than PD, but gonna pull this down just to take a look.

Unfortunately VCV dev is a bit outside my wheelhouse, skill wise, but would happily cheer-lead and or be interested in a paid module down the line if that came to pass

(Jim T) #21

I should do, I’ll check its still a problem tomorrow sometime

(Matthew D Gantt) #22

mega belated followup to see if anything’s popped up on the phono/morpho sampler player front?

infinite good vibes to anyone that might manifest this and/or has any suggestions of VCV samplers to check out < 3 < 3

(Artem Leonov) #23

Of course NYSTHI and Bidoo both have good samplers and players but I’ve always got a click sound…even ANTI-CLICK option in NYSTHI’ sampler doesn’t help me. I want something that Ableton has - microfades function, to get full-time sampling job in VCV Rack)

(Roman Novikov) #24

I don’t have any clicks by myself, but some envelope with attack + VCA is the possible workaround here i suppose. So basically it will be microfade emulation, yea? :slight_smile:

(Latif) #25

Normally that is the way to go about it, but it won’t remove a click. So sometimes you’ll hear it sometimes not.
Only internal slice micro fade curves would eliminate the clicks.
Eitherway Confusing Simpler is currently the most advanced versatile sample module for VCV Rack.
I for one wish to see an upgrade version slightly bigger that is all about graining.

(Joopvanderlinden) #26

Just make the request at the Nysthi github issues page. If you formulate your suggestions properly, big chance Antonio will (at least) consider those.