DanTModules New Releases Thread

And it glows!

Oh good, Iā€™m glad you like it. I wasnā€™t sure at first about adding the blank, as personally I do find that a lot of the blanks in the library are not that useful to me.

So I wanted to make sure that even though it was a blank, it had some sort of utility that made it useful.

My main objective was to create something that made chroma-key edits easy (specifically because Iā€™ve tried this in OBS), hence the name, but obviously just spamming them all over your patch in different colours is also totally valid and something I have also done :smiley:

1 Like

Updated the Changelog, still working on the main documentation

Manual has now been updated

3 Likes

Started working on a new moduleā€¦

5 Likes

Hello there, what sort of devilry is this? It looks great!

Sounds fun!

Just a tiny update to v2.3.4 to fix a bug in Bright-Idea which meant saving the default parameter values in the context menu didnā€™t work, should be working correctly now

3 Likes

FYI: Typo in one of the Chromakey preset colours; itā€™s Magenta not Megenta

Iā€™m terrible at spelling. this helps a little:

Ooops, thanks Iā€™ll fix in the next release

Happy 2023 everyone :sunglasses:

A new release has just been pushed to the library, v2.3.6

and the Changelog

5 Likes

DanTModules v2.4.0

Hi everyone, I was gone for a while there (irl stuff to deal with), but now Iā€™m back!

DanTModules

Previously I was working on a (potentially commercial) plugin called NuMetal, but coming back to my plugin dev duties after the break, Iā€™ve decided to just build any new modules directly into this plugin.

So this v2.4.0 release is kicking off formalising the new modules I was working on, starting with PolySplice.

There is some basic new documentation at DanTModules-Manual/nu-metal.md at master Ā· Miff-Real/DanTModules-Manual Ā· GitHub

and here is a silly demo:

PolySplice

Sequential switches have many uses, and this one can be used in some unusual ways, here are just a few ideas of things you can do with this module (and Iā€™d love to see/hear about any other uses you find for it):

• Arp: connect 3 or more channels with a constant voltage at notes of a chord, use the different modes to arpeggiate in different ways

• Drone crossfader: input some different drones and use a long slew value to crossfade between them

• Pseudo-random modulation source: have a different LFO on each channel, use the random mode and a short slew value to mix up modulation sources for other parameters in your patch, enable incremental polyphonic output mode and you can cycle these mods around multiple parameters

• Song structure controller: each channel could be a different section of a song, (verse, chorus, bridge, outro etc), use a clock divider to trigger moving between each song part after a certain number of bars

• Sequencer chainer: SEQ3 has 3 outputs and a last step trigger, send each output to a channel and the last step as the trigger, and hey-presto a 24 step sequencer, or take it to the extreme and use 5 SEQ3ā€™s to create a 120 step sequencer

15 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes

Small update to the plugin releasedā€¦ I also added a GitHub discussions board to the Manual repo because it seems like a really nice feature (especially for free!)

So, if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or just want to say something about my modules or to me about VCV Rack, then please feel free to go do that over there :sunglasses:

Update day! v2.4.2 available in the library nowā€¦

Sorry I havenā€™t done the documentation for the new Kalkatron module yet, thatā€™s the part I dislike, I will get around to it soonā€¦

3 Likes
6 Likes

A few evenings of furious work and v2.4.24 is now available in the library

Both the original modules and the Nu Metal modules have dark panels, but you will need to activate the Plugin Respects Dark Panels Settings mode in the right-click menu.

The Bright Idea module has been given a new button and input that allows you to toggle the VCV Rack dark panels setting via mouse click or CV trigger.

For the sake of those with photo-sensitivity issues and the performance of your Rack, I would advise you DO NOT abuse this input with frequent triggers like so: :disguised_face:

As is now sadly typical, documentation is lagging, it might be updated at some pointā€¦ :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Been working on some experiments for new modules, and the first one is in the plugin and available in the library right nowā€¦

Very minimal docs Neon-Oblique - DanTModules

18 Likes