Cyball Music Thread

This is an attempt at a generative EDM piece. Using V1.1, I also wanted to use the VCV Pulse Matrix to orchestrate scenes. The Pulse Matrix is nice.

So many modules, it’s difficult to figure out what to try next! Keep Patching!

3 Likes

Rock on brother! Keep up the raw and good energy!

1 Like

Strut Stange!
This started out as a way for me to learn Staring META module. There are four of them in the piece. I still find META difficult but this has interesting sounds. I loved using Squinky Labs Gray Code and Geodesics Fate for the first time as well. They added a lot to the mix.
Whats the genre? I don’t know; I just liked it in the end.

Patch: https://patchstorage.com/strut-strange/

Rock on!

2 Likes

Polyphonic Pastorale
This started as a way to teach myself more about the polyphonic capabilities in VCV Rack 1.0.
As usual, it started evolving in it’s own way. My starting idea was a fast tempo rockin kind of thing. It became downtempo, so much so that I named it “Polyphonic Pastorale”.

download Patch: https://patchstorage.com/polyphonic-pastorale/

I like it and hope you do.

1 Like

Lovely optimistic feel to your track Cyball, full of good things. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Spiral Marbles
This patch was inspired by two recent tutorials from Greg Brouelette (Modular Curiosity); “Marbles, A.K.A. The Random Sampler” and “Modular Deconstruction Episode 1”. Thanks Greg!

I used the new version of Recorder for this and it is awesome!

This is “Spiral Marbles”.

2 Likes

Une réussite :slightly_smiling_face: Bravo

1 Like

Cool stuff mate, keep up the good work!

/Klas

1 Like

Erica Fantasy
A new generative music piece that resulted from playing with the Erica Synth modules.

2 Likes

Gen Ambient 2 It’s been a few months. This little ambient piece was fun to do. Useful and new to me was: Count Modula Random Gates, mscHack Dronez, VCV NOIZ, Mockba Modula MaugTriangle.

Ambient Musings 01 My latest patch. As usual just noodling around and found some nice stuff. Stoermelder INTERMIX has so much potential! Love it. Like Count Modula Single Bernouli Gate and the Mockba modules are fun. I like this, hope you do also.

2 Likes

Ambient Musings 02. Messing around and trying to learn some modules, I found this patch fun and interesting.

Random-1 Just fooling around. This came out interesting. Notes are randomly generated by the Evolution modules and the Gray Scale module. The arrangement (muting and unmuting) is controlled by the Gray Scale.

Random 2 My latest piece. Just sort of came together while I was messing around. I added some video enhancements using Reaper DAW.

2 Likes

The BBC Charles Hazlewood documentary “Tones, Drones and Arpeggios” about the rise of Minimalism in music is inspiring. It was mentioned on the VCV Rack group in Facebook. This uses a couple of the early techniques.

1 Like

I have not posted for a while. Here is something I developed while looking at modules that I had not used. Pretty simple, but I find it interesting. I hope some of you do also.

I do, Cyball :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Gen-Ambient-3 I have been away from this for a while. I am glad to be back. As usual trying to include one or two modules that I am unfamiliar with.

Happy New Year

3 Likes