Crash opening Roland Cloud plugins

Hi guys, first time post here but I’ve been signed up for the past 3 months now :slight_smile: I’m no VCV expert, only been using it for only a couple of months. I’m using it as an extension to my DAW, as a sound source for my productions, I can’t believe how good it sounds, it really has blow my mind! :slight_smile: I wasn’t intending to get the host module because I already own Voltage Modular, which just add modular capability to my synths in Studio One, I don’t use it for anything else because the sound quality ain’t that great, especially compared to VCV, which sounds incredible! :slight_smile: My dreams will come true when the VST version of VCV comes out! I seem to have developed a full on addiction with VCV now so I went and bought the Host module anyway, along with a few other premium modules because I really wanted to use the TR-909 Roland plugin at that moment in time. Problem is, I get an error message and then a crash everytime I try and open any of the Roland stuff. Not had a problem opening any other plugins so far. I’m on Mac, Hi Sierra 10,13.6 and running the VST 3 versions of the Roland plugins. I’ve had a scout through the forum but I can’t seem to find anyone else with this problem. I’m guessing it’s something to do with the Roland Cloud login that’s supposed to pop up so I can authenticate them with VCV. Any Help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Kurt

Edit: Sorry, I’ve just realised I probably should have posted this in the modules section. My bad!

Welcome! And yes, you’ve stumbled into one of the greatest ways of making music out there. I had a Roland Cloud subscription for four or five months this year and ended up canceling it because of issues like that. I also had instruments lose all of their presets and nothing I did ever restored them. Every time I reinstalled, they were empty and basically useless for my needs. While the Roland stuff sounds great and there are a lot of tools available, it’s just not a very reliable set of plugins when it comes to stability or reliability. I would also have issues logging in at times and it would work most of the time but their authentication system seems to break a lot. Sorry I can’t give you any suggestions on how to fix it, but I know the frustration you’re dealing with and I finally ended up canceling the subscription because of it

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: It’s not a biggy to be honest, was just hoping someone might know a fix. And yeah man, I really love this program, the modules really do sound great and I’m learning a ton of stuff and I have over 20 years experience working with DAW’s and synths, I was just always too afraid to look at modular stuff and I didn’t really have the time. All the time in the world, these days, haha :slight_smile: Thanks dude

Hi @djkurtstudio, and welcome to the forum!

I just took a look and tried to load the Roland Cloud Zencore plugin crashed here too, so i can confirm it doesn’t load in Windows either.

I don’t really use this type of plugins in VCV, so i don’t have any idea why it crashed.

This is the crash log, for anyone interested:

[8.652 info src/window.cpp:72] Loaded SVG D:\DOCS/Rack/plugins-v1/VCV-Host/res/Host.svg
[8.653 info src/window.cpp:72] Loaded SVG D:\DOCS/Rack/plugins-v1/VCV-Host/res/power.svg
[8.653 info src/window.cpp:72] Loaded SVG D:\DOCS/Rack/plugins-v1/VCV-Host/res/preview.svg
[8.654 info src/window.cpp:72] Loaded SVG D:\DOCS/Rack/plugins-v1/VCV-Host/res/Host-FX.svg
[8.656 info src/window.cpp:72] Loaded SVG D:\DOCS/Rack/plugins-v1/VCV-Host/res/Host-XL.svg
[35.737 fatal src/main.cpp:45] Fatal signal 11. Stack trace:
6: ZN4rack10appDestroyEv 0x456435
5: gai_strerrorW 0x739800
4: _C_specific_handler 0x20cb7f60
3: _chkstk 0x21311000
2: RtlRaiseException 0x212bb040
1: KiUserExceptionDispatcher 0x2130fc20
0: GetPluginFactory 0xe31840d5

Same crash in VCV2.