Crash on right-click with Squinky Labs modules on Windows (with workarounds and fix)

Yep, I’m seeing it too. That log looks like me. I’ll investigate after dinner.

Having the same problem. Following.

Yup… I’m in the same boat. Crashes whenever I attempt to add a module. Watching this, closely!

If you want to try deleting the SquinkyLabs plugin folder it might help. What operating system are these crashes happening on?

Same problem here, let’s hope we can find a solution soon!

I’m having the same problem. Deleting the Squinky labs plugin folder solves the problem. I’m on Windows

thanks. me 2.

I don’t like to post logs but it seems to be failing at the point in the process where it’s loading

Rack/plugins-v1/squinkylabs-plug1/res/seq_panel.svg

seems to fail at different points.

I don’t yet know why the build in the plugin manager is not working. I did post my own windows build that seems ok. It’s here: https://github.com/squinkylabs/SquinkyVCV/releases/tag/v1.0.14

So, delete your squinkylabs-plug1 folder and you will stop crashing. Then you can either [temporarily] do without Squinky Labs plugins, or you can download the release, above.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Is the problem with loading an svg? That would explain why the module browser doesn’t load but, at least for me, it does load patches with Squinky modules in.

I can’t tell, but I suspect not. Not only does the module browser need to load all the SVG, but it needs to instantiate each module, render it, and take its picture. The first crash log looked like it was in deleting the module after taking its picture.

Windows here, too (Windows 10).

Removing the Squinky Labs folder also worked, for me.

I edited the title. Is this happening on Windows only?

Thanks to all the users posting here for their first time and helping to fix this. Welcome aboard!

4 Likes

As far as I know, windows only. Mac users report it’s ok. Haven’t heard anything either way from Linux users. Of course then often make their own builds.

Just a Monday morning (PST) update: I still don’t know why the build in the plugin library messed up. I have re-opened my library build ticket and hopefully we can find a proper fix soon. In the meantime the windows build posted on the SquinkyLabs GitHub page seems to fix the issue for everyone.

Thanks for the wrangling, @mixer.

3 Likes

no crashes on linux here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast fix, I thought it was me just being a newb. :slight_smile: