Crash on right-click with Squinky Labs modules on Windows (with workarounds and fix)

As far as I know, windows only. Mac users report it’s ok. Haven’t heard anything either way from Linux users. Of course then often make their own builds.

Just a Monday morning (PST) update: I still don’t know why the build in the plugin library messed up. I have re-opened my library build ticket and hopefully we can find a proper fix soon. In the meantime the windows build posted on the SquinkyLabs GitHub page seems to fix the issue for everyone.

Thanks for the wrangling, @mixer.

3 Likes

no crashes on linux here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast fix, I thought it was me just being a newb. :slight_smile:

Will there be a new update fix for windows library or do we have to manually replace the squinky labs file?

There will be, but not yet.

Something odd just happened to me on OS X. Earlier today the plugin manager updated SquinkyLabs to 1.0.14. Then this evening it downgraded itself back to 1.0.12. I didn’t even know that was a thing it could do! I’ve lost Comp, which I was hoping to play with. I’ve never installed modules manually, maybe now’s a time to try? From this thread it seems the thing to do is delete the squinkylabs-plug1 folder and reinstall. Will give that a shot.

I suspect that one of the maintainers of the plugin library rolled back the release to the last stable one, which was 12. You might be able to get a kind Mac builder to make you one to did you over until this is fixed?

1 Like

Sure – or I can use this as an opportunity to learn how to build it myself, or (I’m converging on this last one) just keep enjoying 1.0.12 til the issue gets resolved and get back to kicking out more LFN/Substitute jams :wink:

ah, very nice. and there are some mac builders around here. building on mac is relatively painless, but the initial install of Apple’s xcode takes a little while (and used to require that you make an apple “dev” account, but maybe no longer). If you follow the instructions on the VCV manual carefully it will usually work.

Working on fixing the crashing issue now. I’ve done more fun things in my life, but it needs to be done…

1 Like

I knew there was a reason I stuck with the hardware aspect of computers, rather than pursuing development. Best of luck hunting the bugs and gremlins and whatnot. We appreciate the work.

3 Likes

haha, thanks. I used to be an electrical engineer, but at my first job discovered that my boss was better at it than I would ever be. But he couldn’t program :wink:

1 Like

working fine on Linux

1 Like