Could an VCV v0.6 free plugin crash in 2.0?

I just installed VCV 2.0, reloaded the old free plugin library, but suddenly VCV is crashing, i.e. no rack would show up and I have a warning, no plugin Mental manifest found. I checked my owned plugin in library and unsubscribed from Mental plugin. Author strum. Could it be possible that a once free plugin in older version has been upgraded to paid version and thus be the cause of the crash? Reloading the same warning appears, and the log stops there, I have to quit VCV after the warning.

I can’t find the reason for the crash, it was working initially…

By reloaded do you mean copied your old 0.6 library over manually?

Old versions of plugins are not backwards compatible with new versions of VCV Rack. Even plugins compiled with the beta version of the 2.0 SDK can crash the released version of 2.0.

So should I manually checks all plugins and unsubscribe from all but 2.0?

I unsubscribed from Mental but the error of no manifest persist, it seems it can’t update the library…

Oh, I’m not sure. I misunderstood, I thought you were copying plugins that weren’t showing up from your 0.6 install into your 2.0 directory. If they’re coming from the library they should be version correct I think. Sorry to confuse things.

If they are there delete their folders from your plugins folder.

If you don’t know where to find it:

In Rack Help → open user folder

It’s a warning, not an error. The log line starts with warn. It means it would like to update, according to your account, but there isn’t a version available.

Just double checked from the other thread - I have that same error message and Rack isn’t crashing here either.

I got this in the log. VCV started first timer after install. Closing and re-open no windows would shows. I got this warning in the log. Should I try to disable that plugin offline? ty

warn src/library.cpp:210 checkUpdates] VCV account has plugin mental but no manifest was found

I have the same in my log, but my Rack 2 works.

Could you please not post the same bug in two threads.

Can you add your log file please?

I uninstalled, deleted all plugins fromm owned oline library Reinstalled, logged in. It now works again.

new log still has Mental no manifest warning. New user cant upload files, cant upload log.

If it seems fixed, no big deal about not being able to upload.

If you have any further issues please feel free to re-post.

yep ,tnx .

It has disappeared again… I opened Audacity for recording the audio, Vcv was open in the background, reduced to icon in taskbar, and it refused to come back to life… Audio was still playing, but no windows… Logs doesn’t log nothing in particular. Tried closing and reopening but no window.

[3.296 info adapters/standalone.cpp:236 main] Running window [3.311 info src/window/Svg.cpp:28 loadFile] Loaded SVG C:/Users/…/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Ahornberg/res/stripes/Green.svg [3.311 info src/window/Svg.cpp:28 loadFile] Loaded SVG C:/Users/…/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Ahornberg/res/stripes/Zzz.svg [6.290 debug src/kickbass.h:799 process] clock updated diff -230453 [11.820 info src/window/Window.cpp:50 loadFile] Loaded font C:/Users/…/Documents/Rack2/plugins/ImpromptuModular/res/fonts/Segment14.ttf [13.731 info adapters/standalone.cpp:238 main] Stopped window [13.731 info adapters/standalone.cpp:249 main] Destroying context [13.763 debug src/modules/TapeRecorder/TapeRecorder.cpp:719 onSave] onSave [13.763 debug src/modules/TapeRecorder/TapeRecorder.cpp:719 onSave] onSave [13.763 info src/patch.cpp:192 saveAutosave] Saving autosave C:/Users/…/Documents/Rack2/autosave/patch.json [13.807 info src/rtaudio.cpp:146 closeStream] Stopping RtAudio WASAPI device 0 [13.838 info src/rtaudio.cpp:155 closeStream] Closing RtAudio WASAPI device 0 [13.840 info src/rtaudio.cpp:164 closeStream] Closed RtAudio WASAPI device 0 [13.858 info src/settings.cpp:437 save] Saving settings C:/Users/…/Documents/Rack2/settings.json [13.859 info adapters/standalone.cpp:257 main] Destroying environment [13.868 info adapters/standalone.cpp:268 main] Destroying logger

From fb VCV rack group

Windows users: Do not click the variable-size button at the top right corner of the VCV main window. This will minimize instead of variable-sizing it, and you won’t be able to get it back. The solution is to quit VCV, go into the Rack2 folder in Documents, open the settings.json file in Notepad, and change “false” to “true” in the line right up at the top. Then when you restart VCV, it will be maximized again (and visible).

Tried. It opened but white out. closed. Crash massage: clear patch? Yes. Reopened blank, windows back on… reopened last patch… it seems to work…

Agreed that unmaximising VCVRack on windows tends to cause a problem. It’s not that it’s minimized, it’s that it’s hidden way off the screen.

The best solution is to press Windows + D a couple of times.

Just hold Shift and right-click on the VCV taskbarbutton and choose Maximize.