Conversion from pitch interval to v/oct

If your microtonal tunings are equally spaced, then go for EqualDivision. This is not a quantizer, it’s an attenuverter, so if your tuning is e.g. 31-edo, each key on your MIDI keyboard represents one microtone. Of course, when MIDI-data arrive in the Rack, they arrive in semitones (100 cents). In case of converting to 31-edo, my module attenuates the CV-pitch-data, and you get (in case of 31-edo) 38.71 cents per ‘semitone’.

Yes, I like that module, anyhow, my most of my scales are not equally spaced.

Thank You @main.tenant for your answer link, which provides the solution, being:

volts = log((hz/55)/2^.25)/log(2)

hz = 55 * 2^(volts+.25)

1 Like

If you go into the module browser and search for ‘micro’, you should get some results. For microtuning, I never used any other modules than mine :sunglasses:

Just a heads up, those formulas assume you are using A440. But you probably already know that.

1 Like

Yes, thank you :cowboy_hat_face:

If you know what pitches you want, you can figure out the interval between them using HOT TUNA’s “freq-to-voltage” output. Here we see that the difference between 200Hz and 225Hz is 0.17v. This is how I figured out all the just-intonated intervals.

2 Likes

Amazing, thank you!