Computerscare Modules: v1.1.1

Are you sick of seeing module after module with:

• consistent/“clean” graphics
  • round knobs
  • straight lines
  • proper fonts

???

Well then you’re in luck! I am happy to announce that version 1.0.0 of Computerscare Modules is now available in the plugin manager.

Brand new Polyphonic Utility Modules:

Knoly Pobs

16 knobs, polyphonic output, range: 0 - 10 volts.

Boly Puttons

16 latch buttons. On/off voltages selectable via right-click menu. Plugging in a polyphonic signal to the A/B inputs will override the selected on/off values and use the CV signals instead. If a monophonic signal is plugged into the “A” input, its voltage will be used for ALL “off/up” buttons. If an n-channel signal is plugged into the “A” input, the “off/up” button voltages will match the “A” channels up to n, and then re-start at “A” channel 1. Behavior is the same for the “B” input. Note that this behavior is different than the recommended method of handling polyphonic signals.

Roly Pouter

Re-route the channels of a polyphonic signal. If you select an input channel that is higher than the highest available channel of the input signal, the output voltage will be 0.

Soly Pequencer

Sequentially output the individual channel voltages of a polyphonic signal. Connecting a polyphonic signal to the clock input allows for multiple independent sequences. Polyphonic reset channels beyond the number of channels of the clock signal are ignored. I think that the clock/reset buttons will apply to all channels.

Toly Pools

• Display input channel count
  • CV output of the input channel count (1 - 16 channels is linearly mapped to 0 - 10 volts)
  • Knob and CV for setting output channel count (0 - 10 volts linearly mapped to 1-16 output channels)
  • Knob and CV for rotating the polyphonic signal (0 - 10 volts sets rotation of 0-15 channels. For example: rotation of “1” will move input channel 2 → output channel 1, input channel 3->output channel 2, … input channel 16 → output channel 1)

Also included are our old friends from the previous releases with some improvements:

Debug - Multifunction voltmeter / display

• Poly mode for clock and input, allowing it to function as a polyphonic sample&hold
  • Internal mode for clock and input, usable as a “realtime” polyphonic volt meter or noise source

Father & Son Patch Sequencer - Multi-scene patch matrix sequencer

• Fully polyphonic input & outputs

Oh Peas! Quad Quantenuverter - Attenuverter, offsetter, quantizer

• Polyphonic input, range CV, and offset CV

Laundry Soup - Rhythm sequencer

• No Polyphony

I Love Cookies - CV / signal sequencer

• No Polyphony

I can all but guarantee there are bugs. Please report at: Issues · freddyz/computerscare-vcv-modules · GitHub

22 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much and well done on the V1 port.

I love cookies is definitely very special.

1 Like

It’s my great pleasure to join the long-awaited Computerscare Party! Frankly, I’ve been terribly short of my absolute favorite module Cookies and…yes it’s not yet fully working (I already send to Adam my mini-report - aka FMTolstoevsky ;), but the main functionality of the module works perfectly.
And now it’s time to apologize deeply to Adam for my old-fashioned visual redrawing of his funny graphics (showed below) - actually I did it many months before (for his 062 version) and probably I am already too old to use the original acid-picassoish style panels… Sorry once more, and please don’t be offended by me, dear Adam, I use it for personal use only :smile: ! And, IMHO, the “musical content” of your collection is much more important and valuable. OK, here is a picture of my very quick & basic patch with Cookies - Mike Hetrick’s Comparator (I know him for many years via Reaktor User Forum, BTW) and another huge new favorite of mine, Dopamine of Leonardo The Great (Gracias por su hermosa mini-colección, maestro!) performed by mighty Modal Synth (I already said before in 8Face thread that I simply can’t understand why so few people are using this wonderful module in their VCV-experiments - really a mistery for me…). Oops, also you could see here another redrawn module - mscHack’s excellent Mixer (I made it also about half a year ago for personal use, sure :), cosmetic visual mode of the best clock, Clocked (same comments as above) and last but not least Ritardo from still unofficial southpole’s great collection.
I also recorded with big problems a short video-audio demo (less than 1’30 min) - it’s called “Dopamine Cookies Blues” :sunglasses: I suppose to upload it soon just for fun on YouTube.

Here is the link to video - https://youtu.be/oncbJavC94w

5 Likes

it’s nice that someone is pushing the envelope and trying something different. even tho personally i really like “clean” graphics…

2 Likes

streaming with some of the older Computerscare modules right now at the usual place (i don’t want to spoil the flow of the thread with a big stream preview)
edit: finished now.

2 new modules in v1.1.1:

Custom Blank

• Resizable (drag the sides of the module. Thanks @jeremy)
  • Add your own PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF
  • Move the image with keyboard keys A,S,D,F. Zoom in/out with Z,X
  • Right-click resizing options

Foly Pace

Other updates:

Laundry Soup

• Polyphonic. Use # symbol as a stand-in for the polyphonic channel. Simple mathematical operations like 2*#, 2^#, #+1 are supported. More than one operator in a formula probably doesn’t work correctly.

Oh Peas!

• Intervals greater than 9 steps can be entered by surrounding the number in angle brackets, eg: <10>

Roly Pouter

• Added polyphonic CV input for channel selection. 0-10 volts input mapped to channels 1-16.
13 Likes

poly face will be in my stream this evening. I’m less convinced about the photo based one. Could it change color or warp the image in time to inputs or something. Edit: it occurs to me that this comes across as a bit rude. Sorry for that.

2 Likes

I’m considering some sort of CV-controlled warping or color changing or things like that as an expander for the Custom Blank module. For now it’s just a static viewer. I don’t think your message was rude - let me know if you have any other thoughts on any of the modules!

1 Like

Proper

1 Like

It will be very handy for any odd bit of referance as it is.

2 Likes

Is there a way in I Love Cookies to do something like: aaaa|bbbb|cccc where it’d do 4 beats of either a b or c?

I tried everything obvious like (abc)@4, variations with square brackets, commas etc but couldn’t figure it out.

do you mean: {abc}{abc}{abc}{abc}

That’s one I’d not tried, but it still changes mid bar. What I’m looking for is for (abc) to be evaluated once then repeated 4 times. Currently I can only get it to be evalulated 4 times so I get bbac output rather than bbbb. {abc}{abc}{abc}{abc} is the same.

{abc}@4 ? Edit, no. {[aaa],[bbb],[ccc]}@4 neither

• aaa on line one, rout output to A
  • bbb on line two, route output to B
  • ccc etc.
  • line 4 {ABC} and a 3x longer clock output to noizemaker
2 Likes

@ingo describes the only way I can think of to do it:

It might work to use the “EOC” output from channel 1 to clock channel 4 (ie the 3x longer clock). I’ve occasionally had some “off-by-one-step” issues when doing this.

Adding Laundry Soup gives me the result I was looking for :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips everyone. Mentioning the individual clocks got me on the right track.

1 Like

The parentheses () might not be doing what you expect. Anything enclosed in parentheses is “shuffled in” (I don’t know what to call this operation) with the surrounding elements.

For example (spaces added for readabiliy)

(ab)c      =      acab
(ab)cd     =      acd bcd
(abc)(de)  =      ad be cd ae bd ce

If that is the result you want, then great! If not, I think you want to use {abc}{de} (curly braces mean randomly select one of the things inside). The result you got looks random, but it’s actually the 12-step sequence that I wrote above.

1 Like

Yeah, I kinda of figured that was the case due to the total step count. Thanks for the extra clarification though, I lost track of which brackets did what when I was trying every combination of things I could think of to get the held notes.

1 Like

Two things. A thing I’ve noticed and a feature suggestion. The thing I noticed is that when you reset I Love Cookies it resets to “a” rather than the first letter of the sequence, so if your clock is set to be high when it’s not running you have a whole extra “a” in your sequence. Then (if you’re me) you spend hours adapting a patch you made while you were streaming so that you can put it on Youtube but there’s something not quite right about it.

The feature suggestion is can we have the ability to add values together? Like:

A+a

A+{ab}

So you could have one sequence “abcd” plugged into the A input and another “e+Af+Ag+Ah+A” clocked much faster. The first sequence sets the key.

1 Like