Coirt - v1.2.0

yes, it is inspired by this: https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/shelves/

see here:

I keep seeing posts about old southpole modules that I’d overlooked when I started using VCVrack because I didn’t understand what they were or how they worked. It’s good to come back to them and try o get the hang of them.

Suppose it is subjective but a parametric EQ to me boosts and cuts not just boosts, while boosts or cuts is open to interpretation, being mutually inclusive of both would be what I see parametric as. Shelves does do ±gain inclusively as does one band (when chained).

1 Like

v0.6.6 now on the plugin manager.

changes:
One Band frequency parameter logarithmically scaled to give more control on frequencies most used. Mod input will still be linear scaled.

2 Likes

Parametric boosts and cuts to me too. I did mention this in the group actually quite a while back about the 2 parametric sections of Etagere not having negative gain, nobody seemed bothered. As a side-point, I can only presume that the hardware version does have this feature? from the manual “bands #2 and #3 have full-blown parametric controls”

Work in progress… One cable to rule them all.

For v1. Poly mix, a polyphonic mixer with mono/stereo output. I may expand upon it with a version with VU meters and some other bells and whistles.

9 Likes

Almost finished with this about 90% there…

I have some optional features I would like to add down the line so they’re not a requirement or priority at the minute. Once I iron out a couple of issues I can post a windows build and update the v1 repo if anyone would like to test.

3 Likes

Got a little side tracked with another module…

What is it? Feed it any signal Audio or CV and it will clamp the ± voltage to the display values much like Trim LFO does, with the exception of pre-gaining the signal before it limits it to a voltage. It is also an Attenuverter, somewhat of a limiter and a master gain knob.

Moving the bottom offset knob with the link on will set the top knob (the switch between both knobs, lost my label). There is also a pad button that will limit the signal to -0.1dB. Gaining the signal won’t go beyond 0dB (@ ±10v) or when padded -0.1dB.

It will distort the signal if the gain is set too high though, just be aware of that. It is more or less complete, so it is back to poly mix!

I will get a dist ready for v1 asap. I’d be interested in feedback about Clamp and Poly Mix, still trying to work out a couple of things with usability.

3 Likes

v1 beta can be download here:

It was punishment trying to get Poly Mix sorted a couple of persistent bugs I couldn’t figure out until today.

Can also be built from source, the latest version is v1_b1. https://github.com/Coirt/Bark/tree/v1_b1

3 Likes

Hi Phil, today I tried out your Poly Mix. I really like the module, I’m missing just one thing: I also like Plateau or Chronoblob which both are stereo. How about a Poly Mix with each fader and each send/return representing a stereo-pair?

1 Like

Hi Ben. The original idea was to do 2 stereo send/return so 4 in+outs instead of the 2. Spacing was an issue, I plan on doing a version with VU lights to fill the space added by the 4 extra ports, I might also do an 8x2 and there would be space for stereo Aux.

In the mean time what you could do is use the send/return as a single stereo Bus and adjust the Aux levels like a pan i.e. Aux 1 level 3dB, Aux 2 -3dB.

1 Like

That is what I already did :+1:

1 Like

Just looking into it there, seems panning has no effect on the aux will try to get a fix for this asap.

I pushed a new branch there if you want to test her out, it is somewhat experimental.

on poly channels 1 and 2 I have L/R panning on 3 and 4 it’s flipped R/L.
Channels 5 to 16 are unchanged.

git clone https://github.com/Coirt/Bark.git
git checkout v1.0.2 commit 9f644fc

v1.0.2 will be available soon

changes: Panning aux Poly Mix Reduced performance on LFO’s and added some more quick access buttons:

2 Likes

@Coirt :

You wrote: “Reduced performance on LFO’s”

Are you sure that is what you meant, as I surely hope not?
:wink:

Performance is halfed, so yeah I mean reduced.

I think i don’t understand either :sweat_smile: What do you mean by performance ? Cpu usage ? so the module uses twice as much Cpu now ?

No it uses half as much, performance (meter) is halved from its previous value i.e. it was using about 2% it now uses about 1%. Previous performance is reduced. Sorry for the confusion…

I can increase CPU usage if you want, no problem!

1 Like

New updates in the library.

@Coirt

The Coirt shows weird square in the library (picture include).

1 Like