Code review? (Ramp)

x^y = 2^{y \log_2 x}

Haha. Sometime we need to look at Wikipedia when the answer isnā€™t on stack overflow!

like @Squinky I use a lot LUTs, everywhere Itā€™s a long time choice coming from reading Chamberlin book years ago

And of course I have also big jumps in the updates of params (4 -> 64 samples) + smoothers

I still have that book!

Yeah, I use that trick in almost every module. I think you will like it. Have you seen the paper on efficient plugins on the github? Itā€™s pretty good, imho.

:smile:

Thinking about calculate every 4 ticks and simd more, when stepping through a single ramp with simd I could in one step calculate not only the current but also the next three values at the same cost, so calculate every 16 steps? Unless fiddling with the knobs. (I read the plugin effciency paper @Squinky RackWiki stuff!)

The 100 modules in the mentioned paper made me think, a module with 8 ramps where only 4 are used, or 4 single ramp modules? In similar vain, 20 modules with a single but different interpolation function, or 20x the same module with a big radio button (that I still havenā€™t figured out) for selecting a function? (hereā€™s functions Iā€™m thinking of)