Cleanthis's learning & serendipity

Hi everyone !

I’m a beginner (before meeting VCV Rack i was just having fun with my microbrute and other little synths) but I wanted to share some of my patches :slight_smile:

These two are made in Rack with some Kontakt in Host

This is me falling in love with Marbles

And

3 Likes

Really nice, well done!

Thank you LarsBjerregaard !

So I tried, at least one time in my life aha, to make something that can be danced, so here is a kind of techno with some double bass and the new chronoblob
(It saturates a little, i don’t really know why, maybe to much bass frequence)

And some ambient

In these two tracks i wanted to add so much more, but my computer was dying, i think i will rework them later… :slight_smile:

This one was really fun to make !

I think the patch is more complex than usually in my stuff

1 Like

One thing i love (among many many others things) in VCV Rack is being able to sequence & modulate “classical instruments” in a modular environment Here is a saxophone, a piano, some voices, a lead by joystick (I tried to play some violins with a gamepad but what i got was -for the moment- pretty awful aha)

1 Like

Very nice, I quite like this, even though I’m not a big fan of the occasional disharmonies.

1 Like

Thank you very much LarsBjerregaard ! Honestly, i don’t know where the desharmonies come from, maybe it was made in a day with some disharmonies here and there

I listened a lot of Caterina Barbieri recently (Thanks for the discovery to marc_boule and his patch !) and i realised that i missed the direct controls and the limitations of my little budget synths so i played with a beatstep to drive stuffs (I don’t really like it as a sequencer but it’s a lot of knobs & buttons for 40€) and tried to stay with a few voices

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m almost proud of this one !

A better version with a video :slight_smile:
(With subliminal cats, of course)

The exercice here was to try to make a whole track with only 3 non-sequenced sound sources

1 Like

First true patch with v1 !

Thinking about Rafael Anton Irisarri…

Here is Rack controlled by a Roli ! :slight_smile: Everything, except the little drums, is connected to the Roli, even the little melody which is linked to the aftertouch by the Free Will knob of a Fate That’s my first patch with this and i’m not a keyboardist (i just take a great pleasure spending days making a patch that do nice sounds when you put your finger on the keaboard) so i quantize my fancy new keaboard and i play eyes wide shut ahah, so sorry for the poor skills

1 Like

First patch with that amazing ZZC’s Phaseque (and oh i love it !)

Just one minute of music for that little creature :slight_smile:

Hi ! This time the worlflow was to record 10mn of a big patch (a full Mindmeld Mixmaster in multytrack) where nearly everything works together, putting all of this on Logic, then making choices…

1 Like

A little try to make Life on Mars by David Bowie an acid techno indian modular track

1 Like

Here is two tracks i’ve made in Rack for a big charity event last year

They were on an album with divers artists, for sell only 3 days but it raised a very fair amount of money to Amnesty International, it was a nice experience

3 Likes