Chortling Hamster Modules: Tie incoming

Soon!?!? (Runs away crying in shame.) To be honest, I’ve had problems designing the panel. I’ve not been happy with how it “feels”, which has meant erasing and rewinding more than a few times. Some rejected designs attached. The last one on the right is what the new design is going to be based on, which means learning more about custom widgets and stuff as I want a fancy pants status display thing. Interface design is hard, kids! Boo hoo, poor me, etc., etc. :sob:

So, soon. :grin:

5 Likes

You say it. I consider all my modules functional, at most. Nice looking design, another league for me…

2 Likes

Version 1.1.2.1 has been added to the VCV Library. This is an update to the plugin’s licensing. No functional changes. Thanks.

2 Likes

Version 1.1.2.2 has been added to the VCV Library. This rolls back some code which deals with lights in the Bitwise module. No functional changes. Thanks.

1 Like

function over form, anyday

Finishing off a new module (well, old module for me, I lost the code two years ago and just found it) called Scads. Volatile looping recorder. Yes, there are other tape loopers, but this one is mine and it has a chortling hamster on the panel. Preview in the Instagram post below. Should be finished in a few days then I’m submit it to the library. Happy 2022 and all that!

5 Likes

this looks like a lot of fun :+1:

1 Like

Me likes when coming?

1 Like

Hopefully this weekend. Ish. :slight_smile: I’ll post here when it’s in the Library. Thanks!

2 Likes

Still working on the new module. Redesigning the front panel. Renamed it from Scads to Tie as Scads sounded vaguely disgusting and the name took up too much space on the panel. :slight_smile: Hopefully a beta on Sunday.

4 Likes

Scads :joy:

1 Like

Looks good :

2 Likes

I have to say - drawing a grid on paper is admirable, compared to no design at all. But why not use a screen design program?

1 Like

:joy: :joy: Haha! Spilled my tea. Umm. But what for? :thinking:

Thanks. Partly because it’s extremely relaxing, partly because I stare at a computer screen all day long for work and any opportunities for doing things not staring at a computer screen are special things which make you want to go “squoodeewoodewoodedoooo!” at them in a silly voice and give them cat treats, partly because I find the anticipation of working with the current version of Inkscape on Mac a unique and special experience which should be savoured until the very last second, but mainly because it gives me a solid reason to use all the pencils which seem to have coalesced in my stationery bag. :slight_smile:

That said, can I please ask what that software is you’re using in the screen shot? It looks fairly sane.

3 Likes

Adobe XD, as far as I am aware Bruce works on the team that makes it.

1 Like

lol makes sense, “always be closing”

1 Like

Hehe. Admirably sneaky. :slight_smile:

Ta. I’ll give it a go.

I have an obsession with stationery, but not much cause to actually use it, you gotta take the chances where you find them… Your sketch is very nice and neat, I like it alot, here are my terrible pre-coding notes for the first module I made, sometimes I have an idea while indisposed and have to write it down :wink:

3 Likes