Charred Desert 1.1.0

Charred Desert 1.1.0 has been released, adding two new modules:

• Tine - a voltage level splitter: it takes a carrier, and an input, and splits the input into “high” and “low” based on the voltage of the carrier
  • K - a compressor: 10 free internet points for those that figure out the origin of the name

enjoy!

5 Likes

No guess on the origins of the name ‘K’

Can you expand on what sort of algorithm you’re using on the compressor?

Without specifically criticizing any VCVRack compressor, I have to say that I’ve not been impressed by the usability of any of the compressors available. When I’m on my Windows box, I end up using Audiodamage RoughRider2 a lot, which isn’t a super-duper pro-grade compressor either, but it sounds better/more transparent than any of the ones available for Rack.

I’m using the SimpleComp algorithm, which is pretty basic - it does an envelope check against the attack and release parameters, and drops the input against the ratio.

I’d be interested to hear your comments compared to other compressors. my goal was a small compressor with decent functionality.

Compressor is Kompressor is german?
Surely it’s not that simple.

not quite that simple :slight_smile:

Maybe K want´s to say “Knee”.

@dp.dtmr is the closest so far, I’ll give it 24 hours and then will post the answer if nobody else figures it out.

My last guess is “Maag Audio Magnum-K”

nope.

The only thing I know of called a Kompressor is a Mercedes with a Supercharger.

1 Like

Does it have anything to do with Kelvin degrees ?
Btw awesome ! it’s cool to have a tiny compressor :blush:

1 Like

ok, since nobody got it.

K IS FOR KOMPRESSOR!

enjoy.

3 Likes