changing a light's colour at runtime

okay it seems like it’s due to the knob casting shadow on the light, so that makes sense.

I have knobs with lights on one of my so far unreleased modules, I just put the light on top of the knob.

You put the light under the knob?

i have no idea why i didn’t consider that. tunnel vision i guess.

1 Like

i guess it would be more flexible as you could “mask” the light to get different shapes that way, but so far i haven’t done anything like that. saves me having transparent versions of all my param svgs like an idiot also. thanks lol

1 Like

Transparency has its uses, all my svg controls are transparent so they take on a darker shade of whatever colour the background is, I don’t use svg panels, instead I draw at run time, that way users can have my modules any colour they like (when I eventually release them, still in dev / testing). Been following this thread as one outstanding task I have is to allow (potentially colour blind) users to choose custom LED colours, so thanks to all who have contributed.

image image image image

1 Like

downside of this method is how your modules will look in the browser (and now the library page)

How so? They look ok I think. There are sixteen separate colour themes (defaults not yet finalised), when being scanned by the module browser the module selects one at random: