Blamsoft Modules

Thank you so much for this kind gift. Happy new year to you too.

Aargh, I just spread my (little) euro-budget on the table for my weekly investment in music, but also the pay-what-you-want invite button for the Viking vst has gone! It looks like Blamsoft is reviewing different things these days, so I’ve opted for the minimal social actions by now (liking SoundCloud channel and radio). Still, I think there could be a donate button in the PM, eventually.

1 Like

I love the Blamsoft modules! I was happy to pay for them, and I’m happy to see them available for free now. I hope there’s more to come!

2 Likes

I just hope that all this is due to an improvement in your life, and not due to any unexpected problems in life, @Blamsoft … I love the XFX Wave, and it makes me very happy that now many more people can enjoy it for free, so I do not regret it have paid for it (+ the wonderful reverb and filter), at all.

Anyway, we will all be attentive to future developments, lest life give you a little bit of time to develop a new module(s) that will make us enjoy the Modular Synthesis even more.

Thanks a lot for your beautiful work! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

I think it’s an improvement. The feedback from the release has been positive and the number of users getting the modules is encouraging. I am proud of XFX Wave so thanks for the kind words.

5 Likes

Thanks for your work and support with the Blamsoft modules!

I thoroughly enjoy using them and the free status will make them a must-have in my courses.

I’m a bit late to the party but would also say thank you for the great modules. I’ve paid for all of them and still would pay for another one even if it would also become free at the end. I also was a big fan of your REs, the Viking, besides your other REs, was/is a awesome synthesizer! I don’t use Reason anymore and was very exited as i noticed that you also develope Rack modules. Maybe you’ll have the time some day to develope another one, it would be great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is slightly off topic, but it does relate to Blamsoft. The Viking synth is available as a free VST here https://blamsoft.com/vst/vk-1-viking-synthesizer/. You’ll need the VCV Host module to use it from VCV Rack, but that’s an option if you like the synth.

3 Likes

Thank you for the hint!

Any change for 1.0 ?

Dear @Blamsoft

The porting of plugins to Rack version2 seems to be very easy, a one-line manifest change and a recompile as the minimum effort required in most cases.

We are many fans of your Rack modules, in particular the magnificent XFX Wave, and I hate the thought that it might not make it to V2. Would you consider, pretty please, to port your plugin to V2? That would make me and many others very happy.

Andrew has a V2 porting post here and the latest posted dev releases of Rack and the SDK can be downloaded here.

I sincerely hope this can come true, and I thank you in advance!

6 Likes

+1

@LarsBjerregaard did you try to email Richard (= Blamsoft)?

No. Email address?

maybe this one works:

https://blamsoft.com/engage/

info@blamsoft.com

2 Likes

any news about blamsoft?

1 Like

I was just wondering about this today - would be a great loss if Blamsoft modules were not updated - and as they are closed source I guess it can only be done by the developer.

1 Like

No. I also emailed them but haven’t heard anything. I’ll keep you posted if/when I do. If more people than me email them it might make an impression!

maybe, but we haven’t had anything new from Blamsoft in ages, have we? I mean in VCV…

No, we haven’t. They “pulled out” right after making the plugin free. I never really understood why they gave up so quickly on the sales of the plugin, but maybe it was something else, we don’t know…

The blamsoft plugging are dope, since they make the plugging free I stopped to use it to not to make my patches dependant of modules with uncertainty support