Benn Jordan (stream using Rack)

…is streaming right now, exploring VCV.

4 Likes

@Omri_Cohen, sounds like you’ve got a new viewer…

I like Benn’s music (and videos) a lot but that wasn’t a great showcase of Rack. (Was interesting to see module overload happening in real time). The harmony lesson near the end was excellent, though!

I hope he does a prepared video with V1 (or V2, when it’s out) which hits on some highlight modules.

1 Like

Yeah I was a little surprised he wasn’t more prepared. On the positive side, I think its an interesting example of how someone very familiar with modular gear perceives the VCV Rack interface at first.

3 Likes

I didn’t get the chance to watch it, it started at 4am here…

1 Like

the early bird catches the worm :laughing:

Module overload and random clicking intensifies, lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, we were talking about it over here as well:

1 Like

His original video about VCVrack may have been the first place I saw it. He didn’t seem super prepared even then.

1 Like

He mentions early on that he’s going to start watching your stuff since someone said you recommended Plateau and he liked Plateau (which is high praise for Plateau; Benn is famously picky about reverbs).

I was hoping he’d try Sound Stage, which continues to blow my mind.

1 Like

Man, what a shitshow. I know there’s no fun in RTFM and can sort of understand going in dry to some extent because he has used hardware modular, but he could have done the absolute basic prep before a go live, like loading a few examples to see how things link up. I’d have been put off ever using VCV Rack watching that.

1 Like

i just watched the video and i have to say im pretty surprised that anyone with a hardware modular the size of his had that much trouble building a basic patch with vcv. he should have paid attention to the comments. im sure a lot of people where trying to point him in the right direction.

I was watching and I was also in the chat. People kept trying to suggest better modules and point out problems but he ignored the chat. I sort of understand since he was trying to focus but it would have helped him.

1 Like

Ideally someone would do this with a moderator on hand to read comments for them, but that’s a non starter in the current locked down world obviously. Shame, I like some of his content, but this was a fail.

1 Like

I laughed out loud when someone donated $5 just to try to get him to use Rampage…

BTW, crossposting this very promising thread: Curated module sets using Stoermelder MB favourites

3 Likes