Behringer frequency shifter

It’s in the module called frequency shifter :slight_smile:

ah, glad to see it came over as its own module, still. nice.

Yeah the fx in old surge never quite got done, some with custom faceplates some without. In new surge I built a little layout engine that makes it easy to individuate the modules. 2.2 will have a couple of extra effects we didn’t do in 2.1 or didn’t have then as well.

2 Likes

First sighting in the wild:

3 Likes

I have the Behringer, I’m not sure if I have a bad copy, but it can’t handle standard modular levels and distorts like hell, I have to attenuate the inputs by at least 50% which lowers the overall level, so when I’ve got other stuff going on in a patch, the shifter can’t be heard. Sounds great when attenuated, but pointless as it’s just too low in the mix.

I love the Squinky Labs version, but unfortunately the Squinky plugs only load on my Mac M1, the M2 Mac doesn’t see or download them for some reason

You probably should get that download issue resolved. I don’t maintain those any more, but someone does. You are really sure it’s not and arm vs. intel issue? If not that it must be that idiotic feature in vcv that lets you install specific modules from a plugin without.subscribing to the plugin. If it’s not one of these then the failure to load will most likely be in the vcv log file.