Audible Instruments Segment Generator: Multi-Stage/Segment LFO

How does one create a multi-stage/segment LFO in Audible Instruments Segment Generator (Stages)? The Stages documentation indicates that two buttons (start and end) must be held simultaneously, but if there’s a trick to doing this (with a mouse, keyboard, etc.) in VCV, I haven’t yet found it.

I was wondering this also after reading the manual recently. Would be very interested to find out.

Maybe info here:

1 Like

you should check out @Omri_Cohen’s video on this module

1 Like

hey there Did you find out the answer to this?

I didn’t, no.

Hi there!

I tried it a bit: it seems, you need to give it a gate. If there is a gate in gate-input 1 and you press button 1 long to create the loop starting point and then another button (long-press) of any other channel, it creates a loop between those channels, walking across in the speed of the gate. You can see that you did right, when you watch the blinking lights in the top row: they always blink in sync, when they are looped individually (for example as independent lfo-channels). When you do as described above, you should get something like a phased blinking, showing that the loop-span crosses channels.

Is that, what you asked for, then the trick is: You need the gate. - It also works, if you loop individual channels and then give the first channel a gate afterwards. You see the 2nd light switch in the off-position after putting in the gate.

It is more like a 2-6-stage curve-sequence, and the looping part is only neccessary, if you want less than 6 stages. So my screenshot actually shows a 6 stage-curve-sequence, that wouldn’t need the loop function at all.

Is that, what you were asking for?

Cheers, dDom 

Close! If you substitute “button” for “knob” in what you’ve said and do a long-press on both start and end, it works.

…right, I‘ll edit.

Is there any way to group multiple segment generators together in VCV Rack as can be done with the RL MI Stages modules?

Sadly, no.