Announcing Unfiltered Audio Volume 2

Hi everyone, I’m very excited to announce that we’ve just released Unfiltered Audio Volume 2!

This pack contains Yoko and Sunder, our two powerful multiband splitters. Yoko splits audio into frequency bands, while Sunder splits audio into amplitude bands. These bands have stereo sends and returns for creating powerful effect chains.

A full manual can be found here: VCV Manuals – Unfiltered Audio

We have an intro offer of $20 (33% off) for the first week. Additionally, all of Volume 1 has been updated with new, optional Dark Mode skins and many optimizations.

We hope that you enjoy these powerful modules! Let me know if you have any questions.

19 Likes

The new versions were not built properly to support all Linux platforms.

I just bought the Volume 2 but I can’t use it yet because of this, and Volume 1 also has the same problem.

You have to follow @Vortico’s build instructions for Linux EXACTLY or this will come up with every release. I may be an oddball, trying to run Rack on an older distro (Centos6 which is dictated by sysadmins and out of my control) but I can’t be the only person who will run into this.

[3.360 warn src/plugin.cpp:158] Could not load plugin /home/kwilliams/.Rack/plugins-v1/UnfilteredVolume1: Failed to load library /home/kwilliams/.Rack/plugins-v1/UnfilteredVolume1/plugin.so: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27’ not found (required by /home/kwilliams/.Rack/plugins-v1/UnfilteredVolume1/plugin.so)

Thanks for the heads up! I hadn’t heard about Volume 1 failing. Does HetrickCV run properly? I’ve been doing that as a cloud build instead of a WSL build.

@chaircrusher and @Vortico, is there a different set of instructions for Linux builds other than the one at https://vcvrack.com/manual/Building#? That’s pretty much exactly what I’ve done, although I’ve built it on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux. For HetrickCV, I’ve been doing it by building via Azure DevOps.

HetricCV works fine!

Thanks to @chaircrusher’s testing, there are now fixed Linux builds for Volume 1 and 2. They worked with newer distributions, but they should now work correctly for all distributions supported by VCV Rack.

Thanks for working on this.

Thank you for the nice modules. It would be really helpful to have some indication/reference which band is currently active. Especially in Sunder. So when tweaking the Mid-High and Low-Mid Cutoff it’s a bit hard to find the sweet spots. I think a tiny visual Feedback would make it a lot easier to see when the bands are changing. (e.g. like the little LEDs in the new u-he Uhbik 2 envelope threshold) And in the Volume 1 modules it’s very hard (for me) to see which mode is selected. I am color-blind and I just see ‘dark’ dots. Perhaps yellow? So yes, just small things. Apart from that everything is running flawlessly and your modules are great fun and the sound is top-notch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Selection is red not selected is black. What colour would better aid detecting? Also which type of colourblindness? If you are on windows there is built in filters - Ease Of Access>Color Filters

1 Like

Have you tried using the solo function for different bands to dial them in? See, eg the approach UA takes in the demo video for the reason version: https://youtu.be/xwbQPHRTMHI

Visual feedback sure has its place in helping work with this kind of tool (and I suspect Michael agrees given the extensive visual feedback the reason version uses—not to mention their plugins like Zip, Triad, etc!) But part of me wonders whether material helping users develop good workflow with the band solo function will get most users where they want without additional visual feedback.

I have to agree here it would be nice to have this visual feedback present on the module. With it being released it would probably have to be an extension. But whats stopping from using an Analyser like BogAudio’s

4 Likes

That’s what I’ve been using :slight_smile:

Oh, I really did not know about that Color Filters in windows. Just tried them out and it really helps a little bit. But the red active dot is still very hard to see. Auto Gain active/inactive by comaparison is very easy to see. But that’s just my tiny problem. The Mutable Instruments modules/modes e.g. are much harder to distinguish.

So yes, i used the solo function and an analyser. All good. I am not a big fan of too much visual feedback in general. My ears are more reliable than man eyes. :wink:

This was my first post and it was not meant to be a big request. I am totally satisfied with Sunder. But I think in this particular case a little visual help would be useful.

3 Likes

Perhaps @trickyflemming could decrease the black light Alpha?! Or change the red light to a colourblind friendly colour.

1 Like

Perhaps. But like I said, it’s no big deal. And there are dozens of modules with the same ‘problem’. Back to topic… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for the slow response! I just got back from NAMM. @joeleidigkeit thanks for the heads up regarding the LEDs and colorblindness. I will do some research to see if we can find some colors that work better, since this would affect all of our modules.

2 Likes

@trickyflemming Where would be the best space to post bugs or feature requests? Have not found any bugs mind you!

In general, replying here is good, or writing an email to contact [at] unfilteredaudio if it seems like I’m being unresponsive here.

1 Like

Have been resurrecting old samples from a immense collection and having great fun doing so Yoko is a really great mastering tool! With the send / returns it becomes a pseudo multi-band compressor.

Would be really nice to have tooltip data on Yoko / Sunder. For instance: Gain’s in dB, Slope frequency in Hz, Lookahead / Envelope length in ms, mod attenuation in % (not as necessary as the previous).