Announcing: New Chord Sequencer ChordVault now in Library

@k-chaffin I finally got to check out your patch more in detail.

I got it to sync perfectly by simply changing the options in CLOCKED.

• turned OFF “outputs high on reset when not running”
  • turned ON “on stop” > “do internal reset” & “send reset pulse”

Then I just hit run once to reset everything and hit it again and everything starts in sync. Below is your patch (with a few less modules) with these changes for you to check out.

@cosinekitty ChordVault does implement the timing standards you mentioned.

@Yeager thank you for helping out with mentioning the different options for CLOCKED.

Aetrion Modular Chord Vault with Meander-2(sync).vcv (9.2 KB)

3 Likes

@trevormeier I can confirm a 0-10V option is coming in the next update =)

1 Like

@k-chaffin I am happy to say that we’ll have an option to keep original channels for the V/Oct input in the next update. Testing it out as I am writing this.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I can confirm your patch works for me also. It is essentially what I was doing with my own patch in the end. Thanks again for helping me figure out how to have ChordVault and Meander work in perfect “harmony”.

3 Likes

Speaking as someone who is totally incapable of playing anything at speed, I can see getting a lot of use out of this module. :clap:

3 Likes

This turned out really nice and useful!

With dynamic poly channels activated it also works really nice as a monophonic sequencer!

1 Like

Hey Artem,

with modules like Bogaudio Stack available and so small in size, we decided to not pursue additional transpose functionality (like reset, cv control) for ChordVault. Hope that’s ok with you and you still enjoy using the module.

Best, @aetrion-music

3 Likes

Good News!

We just submitted an update to the library, should be available soon.

Changes v2.1.0

• Changed: Implementation of the rack timing standard for reset
  • New: Multiple options for how channels for incoming polyphonic CV are “sorted”
    • Sorted: In this mode the CVs for low gates are removed and the CVs are sorted from lowest to highest note
    • Condensed: In this mode the CVs for low gates are removed, CVs are not sorted
    • Pristine: In this mode the all CVs are left exactly as received (channels kept as they were during recording of the step) @k-chaffin this would be your choice with meander =)
  • Added: 0-10V range option for step CV input (selectable via right click menu) - thanks to @trevormeier

I also updated the manual to reflect added features in V2.1. And I added some remarks to clarify SEQ transpose feature, reset, syncing with clock modules based on this forum discussion. Thanks, everyone for your questions and feedback.

7 Likes